Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 23:42:03

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
.::One::. Weapons Switcher - CoolVL RLV Implementation 

Henri,

I use the ".::One::. Weapons Switcher" which depends on RLV to organize weapons folders and to force a complete switch from one weapon to the next to prevent stacking. The One HUD works great with Phoenix and Imprudence but not with Cool VL and Dolphin 1&2.

The One HUD first time setup for each weapon grouping (attachments and F-key gestures) requires you to drop copies of all the items into a /#RLV/ folder then "wear" the folder so the attachment points are correctly setup per RLV requirements.

The problem I have encountered with the CoolVL is that removing/wearing attachments works fine but gestures are not activated/deactivated. They are in the Phoenix and Imprudence viewers.

I don't know much about how the RLV system works but this HUD is awesome for those who have a lot of different weapon combinations they use and need to 1) organize them, 2) switch them, 3) and not end up stacking weapons which is a big no no in CCS RP.

The One Weapon Switcher author is One Mhia. I sent her an IM so she is aware I am having problems with the CoolVL & Dolphin viewers. Please let me know what additional information you need to understand the situation better. I posted in Lance's forum so he is aware of the problem.

Regards,
Mask

2011-02-06 19:54:22

This is no way a bug... I am not responsible for the specific non-standard extensions to the genuine RLV API (Marine Kelley's) that the RLVa team implements.

The Cool VL Viewer follows Marine's RLV implementation.

2011-02-06 22:53:05
Profile WWW

Henri,

I don't know enough to understand the difference but I will pass that on to the maker of the HUD so she knows there may be a problem using RLVa vs RLV.

Regards,
Mask

2011-02-06 23:07:09

Yes, the RestrainedLove specifications do not cover gestures at all, only attachments and wearables (see the definition for @attach, for example: "Forces the viewer to attach every object and wear every piece of clothing contained inside the folder located at the specified path": nothing about gestures there...).

If scripters rely on unofficial extensions, they should not expect to see their products working with every viewer, and should at the very least document any unofficial feature they use.

2011-02-07 00:56:32
Profile WWW

Henri,

The One HUD creator was as surprised as you about the ability to "wear" and "remove" gestures using RLVa. My only interest in RLV at all is to get this HUD to work and I like your viewer too much (though you need to make Esc release Mouselook not Shft-Esc...;-)...) to not use it soooo...As a compromise I have created universal gestures that cover the "draw, sheath, reload & special" functions for my weapons and I stripped gestures out of the RLV folders...problem solved...all is well.

Regards,
Mask

2011-02-10 23:48:13
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]