Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 16:52:46

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Viewer automatic responses 

Currently, when the viewer receives an IM while the sub is blocked it automatically sends a helpful response letting the sender know. I'd like to suggest sending messages under other circumstances.

When the RLV is set to automatically accept teleport lures and the sub receives a teleport lure and the teleport cannot be completed for whatever reason (lag, sim full, or even blocked from teleports) a message to the sender of the lure would be helpful.

When an attempt to force sit the sub fails a message giving the error (i.e. "no place to sit") would be helpful.

Other force commands could also give error messages when they fail for whatever reason, but these two are the ones i see most often and thus cause the most confusion.

Some random thoughts: i believe most of the force commands are sent by objects and it may not be possible to find the avatar that should receive the message. To make it possible the force commands could be extended with an additional field giving a UUID to send error messages to, and not send any message if it's empty. This would require changes on Marine's part, of course, and then on the part of device makers to implement. Still, whatever could be done to help an Owner know why Her sub isn't responding would be helpful.

Thanks for the great viewer, Henri.

2011-12-01 21:57:17

This can't be done without a change in RLV specifications (since, as you pointed out, those notifications would be directed to the initiator of the command, not to the "victim") *and* cooperation from scripts (i.e. it won't be a viewer-side only feature, since scripts using the RestrainedLove commands would have to pass them the UUID of the initiator: such a feature won't be available for users of existing scripts).

Only Marine can decide whether this kind of feature shall go into RLV or not, so I recommend you post your suggestion here instead.

2011-12-04 10:41:13
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]