Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 22:34:10

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Chat commands 

I've seen in various other viewers, commands such as "dd" (draw distance), "gth" (go to height), "tp2" (teleport), etc. that are shortcuts for various things that otherwise seem to require the UI. It seems like it'd be a rather simple change to implement. I'm curious, is the only reason it doesn't exist that nobody has cared to implement it, or is there some reason why it would not be fitting for this particular viewer?

2021-09-16 00:15:22

bjbdragon wrote:
I've seen in various other viewers, commands such as "dd" (draw distance), "gth" (go to height), "tp2" (teleport), etc. that are shortcuts for various things that otherwise seem to require the UI. It seems like it'd be a rather simple change to implement. I'm curious, is the only reason it doesn't exist that nobody has cared to implement it, or is there some reason why it would not be fitting for this particular viewer?
Cool VL Viewer provides for this sort of functionality through the use of Lua (Lua scripting and viewer automation feature). I have used it quite successfully to achieve things like 'dd', auto greeting, teleport favorites, auto environment and graphical settings, etc. It's quite a nice API for allowing the end user to do many things that are not 'baked' into the viewer source and they are custom tailored to said user.

2021-09-16 03:30:30

These hard-coded chat commands are totally useless for the Cool VL Viewer which offers you Lua scripting and thus a way to implement any such commands in any way fancying you.
Examples of how to implement such commands ("/fc", "/dd", "/z", etc) are also provided in the sample automation script provided in the documentation (and its PDF manual).

2021-09-16 08:33:36
Profile WWW

Thanks, nice! I didn't even notice the manual, this is very handy and will really help to, well... win over some folks who have to have the Firestorm style chat commands.

2021-09-16 17:18:53
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]