Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 23:14:15

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Re-Render selected avatars in Radar Floater 

Hey there!

As I understand, currently it is possible to select a bunch of avatars in the Radar Floater and then get them derendered via the Derender-Button.
My question/request is:
Would there be any chance to let me select one or more avatars from the Radar Floater to become rendered again within that one venue where we are, without having me or the avatars to get an update through a tp?

Many thanks in advance
Frank

2022-09-03 08:48:13

For now, you could write some Lua script to remove avatars from the derendered objects list...

But since there is already a "Derender" button in the Radar, I added a "Rerender" button as well to that floater for the next release (I also added the colouring of derendered avatar names in orange in the Radar list).

Note however that this won't allow to make the selected derendered avatars to reappear instantly once the button pressed: the "derendering" feature works by killing the derendered object from the viewer's objects list (but not from the Characters list, thus why derendered avatars still appear in the Radar) and blacklisting it so that when the server sends an update about that object, it is ignored (and thus the viewer object is not recreated).

Removing the object (here an avatar) from the black list does not mean the object can reappear all of a sudden, because an update (i.e. all the required properties to render the object) needs to be received for that object from the server, and the server won't send updates unless it "notices" that the objects you can see around you have changed (this is called the "interest list"). If you want to see again a re-rendered object, you need to go (or cam out) far away (way beyond the draw distance) and come back...

2022-09-04 17:26:24
Profile WWW

Hi Henri,

ooohh that is great news! Thank you for that! That is really very much appreciated and I understand the update-process!

2022-09-05 13:44:12

Thank you Henri!

great to have that re-render feature now and also the changed colour of the ones that have gotten derendered. The only thing I want to propose is that you may think about a different colour than orange. Actually on the white background the light orange is not really readable. It gives me a hard time to go through the names. How about trying a much darker one or dark red?

thank you for having a look on that.

2022-09-11 01:16:58

DonFranko wrote:
The only thing I want to propose is that you may think about a different colour than orange. Actually on the white background the light orange is not really readable. It gives me a hard time to go through the names.
It is not the lightest orange tone, by far, and I do not have any trouble reading it on my monitor... Of course, it depends on you own monitor settings (if set too bright, it might wash out the colors and reduce their contrast).

Quote:
How about trying a much darker one or dark red?
Red is already in use for muted avatars, so it would be too easy to confuse both (especially when you do not have both types listed at once)...

Since there is no solution that would satisfy everyone in the world, I made the Radar colors (all of them) skin-able (i.e. defined in colors_base.xml for each skin, which you can override with your own <local_sl_settings_dir>/skins/<skin_name>/colors_base.xml file). It also makes them configurable via the Lua SetDebugSetting() function...

2022-09-11 09:52:02
Profile WWW

ah ja, I understand it. You're totally right. Screens and there settings can be so different.

Thank you for the option of making it tweakable for every user, that's great!

I've found the file colors_base.xml in that folder: C:\Program Files\CoolVLViewer-1.30.0\skins\default\

but in that one I can't find the setting for the Radar or Derender.. Where exactly is that file that I may copy and paste into my c:\Users\Frankie\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\skins\default folder?

Thanks again for your fast help always!

2022-09-11 18:56:06

DonFranko wrote:
in that one I can't find the setting for the Radar or Derender.
You will have to wait till next release, of course... I did not yet find a way to go back in time to update already released code; a shame, I know...

Quote:
Where exactly is that file that I may copy and paste into my c:\Users\Frankie\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\skins\default folder?
Yes.

2022-09-11 20:54:20
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
DonFranko wrote:
in that one I can't find the setting for the Radar or Derender.
You will have to wait till next release, of course... I did not yet find a way to go back in time to update already released code; a shame, I know...

loool . That one: "I made the Radar colors (all of them) skin-able") I have totally misunderstood as I interpretated it already done in the latest release. sooooooooooooorry :)

2022-09-12 00:46:42
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]