Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 14:02:18

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Feature Request: Editing keyboard shortcuts for Gestures. 

In another thread, we were advised to "forget Phoenix". I can't take this good advice, because there is one thing for which I still neet my ancient, pre-mesh copy of Phoenix, and that is for editing Gestures. Phoenix allows a much wider range of key combinations to be assigned as shortcuts to Gestures than Cool VL Viewer does. For example I use Cmd-] and Cmd-[ to draw and sheath/holster weapons, Ctrl-s to smile, Ctrl-l to laugh etc. Phoenix will let me assign this combination in a Gesture, and having assigned it, it will work fine in Cool VL Viewer. Unfortunately, while Cool VL Viewer will happily allow me to view my custom key-assignments with Cmd-G (or Edit/Gestures from the top menu), the Gesture editor will only allow me to assign Ctrl/Shift-F2-F12.

Would it be a big deal to widen the range of assignable shortcut-keys in Cool VL Viewer? Are there hidden disadvantages to Phoenix's approach (I know there often are)? Or is this something I can work around some other way?

2012-11-21 22:56:40

I thought I'd give this a nudge, since today i had to fire up my old copy of Phoenix for the first time in months, just to edit a gesture.

Is there a serious problem with widening the range of shortcut keys that can be assigned to gestures? Or is it just that nobody else wants it? :)

2013-04-28 23:23:54

I had to download and set up Firestorm to edit some gestures a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd bump my thread. Is there some serious problem with allowing a wider range of command triggers for gestures? What controls the range of keys offered by the viewer's gesture-editor?

2015-03-31 22:48:04
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]