Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 07:22:02

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Features Request 

1. Hello, we all know the statistics window right? How about having the option to enable the display of some important info from that window to the top bar next to the Linden balance info and not have it use that screen space with the normal window. For example having the option to enable or disable in the bar some of the important info ( FPS , SimFPS, SimPING, Bandwidth ) and see it in colored text ( green, yelow, red or just plain white ) depending of the situation. This can be a good advanced feature but also can look good by default.

2. For users that have voice enabled and use it: did u ever wish the active speakers were aranged by the distence your avatar has to the others? I sure wish that all the time. In a full sim with everyone on voice at the same time the active speakers box tries to put the people that are curently talking on top of the others in the list and that makes it go crazy and hard to get someone from that list just to turn his volume down or up. So a small option to view the list order by distance to the avatar will be nice. Another better but more complex way to resolve this isue is to find a way to incorporate it to the radar and just add the volume up and down silider under the radar butons and the green dots in the radar list.

3. This are some of my old ones that i need to bring back to light:

- Teleport button in IM window
- highlight for own nickname and text in the chat/IM with option for ading sound to the event ( when someone says ur name it dose a highlight on the text and plays a sound )
- Text Chat color for frends. ( changes the text color for frends )
- Frends NameTag color ( option to set one color for nametags of people on the frend list )

This are just a few of my isues i have all the time and i think changing them will be an improvment. Sorry for my bad gramar.

What do you guys think?

2012-11-28 15:38:19

TheADX wrote:
1. Hello, we all know the statistics window right? How about having the option to enable the display of some important info from that window to the top bar next to the Linden balance info and not have it use that screen space with the normal window. For example having the option to enable or disable in the bar some of the important info ( FPS , SimFPS, SimPING, Bandwidth ) and see it in colored text ( green, yelow, red or just plain white ) depending of the situation. This can be a good advanced feature but also can look good by default.
What about avoiding to bloat the UI with fast refreshing rate data that will only slow it down and will only be of interest to a handful of users ?... FYI, the status bar refresh rate was voluntarily capped at one refresh every 0.2s (against once every frame in the original Snowglobe code) to gain speed.

Quote:
2. For users that have voice enabled and use it: did u ever wish the active speakers were aranged by the distence your avatar has to the others? I sure wish that all the time. In a full sim with everyone on voice at the same time the active speakers box tries to put the people that are curently talking on top of the others in the list and that makes it go crazy and hard to get someone from that list just to turn his volume down or up. So a small option to view the list order by distance to the avatar will be nice. Another better but more complex way to resolve this isue is to find a way to incorporate it to the radar and just add the volume up and down silider under the radar butons and the green dots in the radar list.
I don't use voice at all, so I'm afraid this would be a very low priority feature, not to mention that sorting by distance avatars in a list is also something that eats up a lot of precious CPU cycles (the original radar implementation, that was taken from Dale Glass' viewer was especially costly in term of CPU power and badly impacted the FPS rate: I had to optimize the code and slow down the refresh rate to something reasonable, and it is yet still not as fast I would like)...

Quote:
3. This are some of my old ones that i need to bring back to light:
Feature requests that have not been replied are simply on the "might do" list (i.e. I didn't yet take a decision, mainly because higher priority stuff is in the pipeline).

Quote:
- highlight for own nickname and text in the chat/IM
Text highlighting in chat and group IMs on avatar name (legacy and display name) or nickname occurrence is already there ("Peferences" floater -> "Cool features" tab -> "Chat, IM & Text" sub-tab).

2012-11-28 19:50:31
Profile WWW

I understand that fast refreshing rate data that will only slow it down but it will only be an advanced option for people who need to see this in the UI and not have the big window open somewhere on the screen. And BTW if i have the statistics window open, dosent it have the same impact ? In my mind having just 3-4 text items refreshing is better then all of those in the window.

All the features can be in advanced and not on by default.

And for the voice thing, dont u think, moving the person who is talking at the same time with 20 other people on the voice list will eat up more cpu then a distance seting? Its a verry refersh intensive thing that it dose and it goes to the point at u cant realy find the person u want to turn down or up. I understand that u never use voice, like i never use RestrainedLove for example but i like that u keep it up to date and optimised. I`m sure some other people will enjoy some optimisations for the voice part of the viewer in the future.

I know Text highlighting is there but can u please add the option of ading a sound to the event by UUID?

Have a nice day :)

2012-11-29 07:30:34

I am trying to lighten the Dark skin for CoolVLViewer and a fps widget on menu bar would be "cool" for me...

http://bit.ly/U4XMsw

2012-11-29 19:14:17
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]