Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 08:48:26

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Oculius Rift 

The Lindens are testing around with a client that's supporting Oculus. They said so during their server / scripting meeting.

Anyone seen if the code is inside an open repository?

Would be really nice to see SL in 3D. :oops:

2013-08-07 11:36:13

Oculus Rift support would involve a full re-inventing of the UI (since once you put the Oculus Rift "glasses" (more like a screen) on, you can't see the keyboard any more...).

I'm afraid the Cool VL Viewer will never provide such a feature (mind you, I *love* keyboards and mice !).

Beside, I fail to see how people with an Oculus Rift viewer will be able to type text to interact with others... There's voice, but voice is a spoiler for genuine role-players and a no-no for non-native English people (writing and reading English is something I can do with ease (English is such elementary/simplistic a language when compared to all others in the world... that's truly what makes it the "universal" language), but speaking (with a proper accent), and even worst, understanding English spoken by, say, an US American is something that I can't do: scholar English learnt in non-English speaking countries is British English, not American English... Try learning French at school, then visit the South of France, and you'll understand my problem with US Americans' accent...).

2014-03-16 14:20:09
Profile WWW

Yah, the do-not-see-the-keyboard thing creeps me too.

And I just want a brain interface to my computer now... not some ugly mounting thing thats only obstructing me ... :lol:

and about english: same for me. I can understand them most often, but talking is like *yuck*

2014-03-20 18:49:19
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]