Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 21:06:35

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Two questions about reset view and high resolution snapshots 

Samantha Poindexter wrote:
The reset view "fix" here has been driving me insane. I had a feeling it was intentional, and have been trying to learn to live with it, but it is persistently getting in the way of how I'm used to interacting with SL. I want the old behavior, where you can easily move your camera around to the position you want to get to, then hit shift-esc and be conveniently facing in that direction... rather than being treated to a sudden vertigo-inducing perspective rotation, followed by having to rotate yourself again manually.

Having just found and read this thread, I understand and appreciate that others may prefer the new behavior, but I would be exceedingly grateful if there were at least an option available (whether a checkbox or something hidden in the debug settings) allowing me to get the old behavior back.
There will be one such option/setting in next releases.

2014-05-22 08:15:26
Profile WWW

Thank you very much!

2014-05-22 16:55:12

Quote:
By popular demand (1 user), implemented a new "Resetting the camera view rotates the avatar" setting in the "Preferences" floater, "Input & Camera" tab, "Camera Controls" sub-tab.

This works perfectly. Once again, I thank you! :D

2014-05-25 13:20:08

Hello Henri, hi everyone,

I am daring to a bit of necro-posting here, since my question is related ...

Now that we're finally firmly in 64-bit territory, would it be possible to provide an option (a debug setting would be more than sufficient) that avoids the snapshot stitching/tiling at the expense of memory? I do have plenty of resources available (as may have others) and it would save me quite a bit of time trying to mitigate the effect using GIMP for my snapshots.

Love,
Lia

2017-01-21 09:08:47

Hello again Henri,

since I just saw that the Mac version managed to make it to 64 bit as well now (and that it's been over a year since I last begged :oops:) ... so I really want to draw your attention to the stitching issue again.

I realize this is only something of interest for people doing high resolution SL photography and most of those aren't using the Cool VL Viewer, but I really really would appreciate it if this could be addressed.

Pretty please?

Love,
Lia

2018-02-17 08:54:10
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2