Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:43:04

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Feature request: removable teleport message 

hi,

when you teleport with llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords you will ever get an dialog top right with the message "You have been teleported by an attachment on ....". This dialog sucks because when you teleport often and visit locations where you get dialogs from bots for Landmarks, Notecards, Group Invites and much more.

Friends tell me that they get this message in the firestorm viewer in the chat.
Is it possible to move this message into the chat or remove completely?

sincerely yours
Dae

2014-05-23 12:47:23

Daemonika Nightfire wrote:
hi,

when you teleport with llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords you will ever get an dialog top right with the message "You have been teleported by an attachment on ....". This dialog sucks because when you teleport often and visit locations where you get dialogs from bots for Landmarks, Notecards, Group Invites and much more.
Such teleports by attachments are very rare and only done by a scripted object (not by a landmark, group (???), notecard (???) or even bot).

Quote:
Friends tell me that they get this message in the firestorm viewer in the chat.
v3 viewers handle notifications in an entirely different way than v1 viewers... and no, I don't like the way they handle them, *at all*. For once, notifications have nothing to do in the chat (the chat is for chatting/RPing, period), thus why one of the very first settings I implemented in my first self-compiled viewers (back in 2007) was the "Do not echo/log notify tips in chat" (see the "Preferences" floater, "Notifications" tab)... The reason why your friends don't see this kind of notification is probably because v3 viewers "hide them" under a button, in the upper right corner of the viewer window). Note that I added a way to hide/show notifications as well in the Cool VL Viewer (by clicking on the small warning icon in the status bar, above the blue notifications/menus), but notifications are shown by default (which is sensible since a notification should awalys be... notified !).

Quote:
Is it possible to move this message into the chat or remove completely?
This particular message is part of the server-side messages, so it can't be removed or even configured via a runtime setting (the viewer simply provides an associated XML definition for that "TeleportedByAttachment" message, but it does not even process the message itself). All you can do, is to change the notification type by, for example, turning it from a "notify" into in a "notifytip": I won't however do it, since such a notification does deserve a more prominent exposure than a 5s notify tip (note that, originally, it was an even more prominent/invasive "alert modal" type, and I already changed it down to a simple notification)...
To do it yourself, simply edit the "skins/default/xui/en-us/notifications.xml" file, search for the "TeleportedByAttachment" entry and change 'type="notify"' into 'type="notifytip"' in it. Of course, this will have to be repeated after each update of the viewer (since the notifications.xml file is overwritten at each update).

2014-05-23 14:05:29
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Such teleports by attachments are very rare and only done by a scripted object (not by a landmark, group (???), notecard (???) or even bot).

You have understand me wrong, i mean, when you are teleport with this script, you get not only this notification. At some locations you get much more notifications and then additionally this.
That means, Dialog notifications sucks ever after a teleport.

And it will not long be rare, because meself sell a teleport hud which use this funktion.

Quote:
This particular message is part of the server-side messages, so it can't be removed or even configured via a runtime setting (the viewer simply provides an associated XML definition for that "TeleportedByAttachment" message, but it does not even process the message itself). All you can do, is to change the notification type by, for example, turning it from a "notify" into in a "notifytip": I won't however do it, since such a notification does deserve a more prominent exposure than a 5s notify tip (note that, originally, it was an even more prominent/invasive "alert modal" type, and I already changed it down to a simple notification)...
To do it yourself, simply edit the "skins/default/xui/en-us/notifications.xml" file, search for the "TeleportedByAttachment" entry and change 'type="notify"' into 'type="notifytip"' in it. Of course, this will have to be repeated after each update of the viewer (since the notifications.xml file is overwritten at each update).

I understand and will try it, but it would be fine to mute/hide this dialog permanently.
In my eyes is this notification really stupid, because after a teleport in have seen that i have been teleportet, i dont need a stupid message which tell me what i have already done. ;)

sincerely yours
Dae

2014-05-23 15:08:27

I understand and will try it, but it would be fine to mute/hide this dialog permanently.
They can't !... They are server-side notifications.

Quote:
In my eyes is this notification really stupid, because after a teleport in have seen that i have been teleportet, i dont need a stupid message which tell me what i have already done.
You will not always do it voluntarily (since it's a scripted function, a griefing object could do that to you). It's therefore a useful notification.

2014-05-23 15:19:24
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
They can't !... They are server-side notifications.

To do it yourself, simply edit the "skins/default/xui/en-us/notifications.xml" file, search for the "TeleportedByAttachment" entry and change 'type="notify"' into 'type="notifytip"' in it.
I done this tip and it works fine for me. Is there no way to to this in preferences and restart?

Quote:
Quote:
In my eyes is this notification really stupid, because after a teleport in have seen that i have been teleportet, i dont need a stupid message which tell me what i have already done.
You will not always do it voluntarily (since it's a scripted function, a griefing object could do that to you). It's therefore a useful notification.

llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords can only teleport the owner of the object who has already given the permission to do it.

sincerely yours
Dae

2014-05-23 15:34:00

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
To do it yourself, simply edit the "skins/default/xui/en-us/notifications.xml" file, search for the "TeleportedByAttachment" entry and change 'type="notify"' into 'type="notifytip"' in it.
I done this tip and it works fine for me. Is there no way to to this in preferences and restart?
No.

Quote:
Quote:

llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords can only teleport the owner of the object who has already given the permission to do it.
A griefer object using this feature will typically first act in an innocuous way to make you grant it the permission; once the permission granted, it could TP your avatar anywhere and anytime, letting you wonder what the Hell is happening. Mind you, there's a pretty good darn reason why LL implemented this notification...

2014-05-23 17:44:21
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
A griefer object using this feature will typically first act in an innocuous way to make you grant it the permission; once the permission granted, it could TP your avatar anywhere and anytime, letting you wonder what the Hell is happening. Mind you, there's a pretty good darn reason why LL implemented this notification...

Since i changed in the xml file to 'type="notifytip" is the message in the local chat and i can read all necessary informations.
Whats wrong with a message in chat? A dialog with the same message which i have to click is NOT better.

Furthermore, the Chat-History i can add to an Abuse Report, the Dialog not.

sincerely yours
Dae

2014-05-24 12:35:50

Henri Beauchamp wrote:

Since i changed in the xml file to 'type="notifytip" is the message in the local chat and i can read all necessary informations.
Whats wrong with a message in chat? A dialog with the same message which i have to click is NOT better.

Furthermore, the Chat-History i can add to an Abuse Report, the Dialog not.

sincerely yours
Dae
I gave you all the necessary information (read again my messages above for the replies to your questions that already have been replied). My decision has been taken. Deal with it.

2014-05-24 13:52:44
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]