Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 14:18:42

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
unable to inspect/select rigged mesh attached to other AV 

Hello,

I was not quite sure whether to write this as a bug or as a new feature request. I believe it is a bit of both.

Inspect (select) functionality must be difficult to implement for rigged meshes attached to other avatars, because it does not always work in any of the viewers I have tried. A popular non-Linden viewer has been able to partially implement it, so that it (at least some of the time) works with many items. It does not always work with everything I try, and sometimes it takes me several tries to select an item, but it is far better than nothing.

It can be uncomfortable to add a feature that can't be perfectly implemented, or that might cause performance issues if fully implemented. However, it is frustrating to have no such capability at all.

Regards,
Charles Clary

2014-08-30 15:48:18

Definitely not a bug... It's simply how rigged meshes are supposed and coded to work. The only case when you can right-click (to select/pick) a rigged mesh is when in Edit mode for a rigged mesh that you are wearing .

So it'd be a feature request (post moved to the appropriate forum), and one I'd have to think about because of its drawbacks (such as being unable to get an avatar pie menu for avatars wearing a full rigged mesh body; and that's probably the very reason why LL implemented it this way)...

2014-08-30 16:03:46
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]