Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 11:08:20

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
Remove drop attachment option 

Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12 (21)
I just had a nasty experience in a sandbox. Apparently one of my misclicks a while ago, was a right click dragged slightly to the right. I didn't notice at first, but this caused one of my HUDs to be dropped in a sandbox region, where it was eventually deleted by autoreturn. So now my project is gone. Completely deleted. Bypassing the trash in a single click. I have been told there was supposed to be an alert asking me if I want to drop the attachment, but this did not happen.

Please remove the "drop" option on attachments, or change it to not simultaneously permanently delete the corresponding object in the inventory.

2014-10-23 03:17:06

phantom wrote:
Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12 (21)
I just had a nasty experience in a sandbox. Apparently one of my misclicks a while ago, was a right click dragged slightly to the right. I didn't notice at first, but this caused one of my HUDs to be dropped in a sandbox region, where it was eventually deleted by autoreturn. So now my project is gone. Completely deleted.
Auto-return doesn't delete anything. Any returned object appears into the "Lost and Found" folder of your inventory.

Quote:
Bypassing the trash in a single click. I have been told there was supposed to be an alert asking me if I want to drop the attachment, but this did not happen.
There is no such alert, but there is no bypassing of anything either.

Quote:
Please remove the "drop" option on attachments,
In your dreams...
If you drop an attachment by mistake and can't find it, simply use the "World" -> "Area Search" floater to find it, or (for scripted objects) the "View" -> Beacons" one (checking "Scripted objects" and "You" in "Beacon/Highlight only on objects owned by").

Quote:
or change it to not simultaneously permanently delete the corresponding object in the inventory.
Again, the object is not "deleted", it is transferred from your inventory to the sim. This is not under the control of the viewer either (the transfer happens between inventory and sim servers).

2014-10-23 07:11:04
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]