Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 15:44:39

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Feature req: allow IM logs to remove 'Resident' in filename 

Hey there.

You have a fantastic viewer, but there's just one last feature that's making it inconvenient for me to switch over.

I swap between Firestorm, Singularity, Official Viewer and Cool VL Viewer depending on requirements. (not simultaneously)

FS, SV, and LL have no problems sharing a specific pre-set folder for chatlogs, but Cool VL viewer doesn't use the same naming conventions as the other 3
Older accounts i.e. Firstname Lastname are okay - the chatlogs can be accessed and appened as usual.
Newer accounts, with i.e. Firstname Resident are the problem.

FS, SL and LL all use the filename convention Firstname.txt whereas Cool VL viewer uses Firstname Resident.txt.

This means that logs aren't shared between the viewers, and i end up with 2 separate logs for newer users.
I'd LOVE the ability to configure Cool VL to use Firstname.txt.instead
I've looked through settings and the debug features, also asked in group chat support, but nobody else knows whether this feature can be toggled.

2014-12-17 16:46:24

Looking again through debug, i see something that says UserLogFile User specified log file name which is currently blank.

I'm not sure if this would help or not

2014-12-17 17:04:25

An option will be added in the next releases. However, are you sure that the differences in log file naming are all about the 'Resident' last name ?... Aren't the v3 viewers log file names lower-cased too (the username being itself lower-cased; always, and v3 viewers using it instead of the properly capitalized legacy names like in the Cool VL Viewer) ?... I the latter case, I'd have also to lower-case the filename (Windows won't care, but not Linux neither Darwin...).

About "UserLogFile" it's just a temporary (non-persistent) setting used when --logfile is used in the viewer command line to specify an alternative main log file for that viewer session (i.e. it got nothing to do with IM logs).

2014-12-17 22:43:52
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]