Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 08:45:30

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Ideas 

Hello Henri,

some ideas I have:

* would it be possible to mark worn items in inventory with a color too instead of using bold only)? I find it rather hard often, to see the difference. maybe already possible via editing an xml file?

* totally crazy idea: right-click on a folder to 'box it'... means: to create a prim with the same name, move everything into the prim and put back into inventory? That would be a very efficient way to reduce the inventory count without throwing stuff away. Sure that could cause some complications too, like no-mod items getting renamed etc... Just thinking. :p

And a question about fonts... have you ever tried to replace the default SansSerif font with a more ... interesting one? Without any too big problems (too large font exceeding window borders etc.)?

2015-01-25 10:18:27

Tillie wrote:
Hello Henri,

some ideas I have:

* would it be possible to mark worn items in inventory with a color too instead of using bold only)? I find it rather hard often, to see the difference. maybe already possible via editing an xml file?
(Almost) Everything is possible... The actual question is: is it needed ?... See this screenshot:
Attachment:
Example.png
Example.png [ 17.28 KiB | Viewed 1905 times ]
I don't find it difficult to see the difference between worn and not-worn items...

Quote:
* totally crazy idea: right-click on a folder to 'box it'... means: to create a prim with the same name, move everything into the prim and put back into inventory? That would be a very efficient way to reduce the inventory count without throwing stuff away. Sure that could cause some complications too, like no-mod items getting renamed etc... Just thinking. :p
Problems start with the assets server reliability: should a viewer-side initiated transaction fail because of a server-side issue, you could end up with missing items (especially no-copy ones)... Sorry, but I won't take this risk.

Quote:
And a question about fonts... have you ever tried to replace the default SansSerif font with a more ... interesting one? Without any too big problems (too large font exceeding window borders etc.)?
Yes, I tried several and found a few possible replacements for the v1 UI viewers fonts (Amble, Arena, Doris, Droid, Android, Oregon LDO, Roboto, Rocko, Saxony-Serial...), but none were as good looking as the original SL v1 viewers font...

2015-01-25 15:18:54
Profile WWW

Quote:
Problems start with the assets server reliability: should a viewer-side initiated transaction fail because of a server-side issue, you could end up with missing items (especially no-copy ones)... Sorry, but I won't take this risk.

Yah no, that's why I asked. Thought it would be too risky, though. But asking doesn't cost anything except some time.

Quote:
Yes, I tried several and found a few possible replacements for the v1 UI viewers fonts (Amble, Arena, Doris, Droid, Android, Oregon LDO, Roboto, Rocko, Saxony-Serial...), but none were as good looking as the original SL v1 viewers font...[/quote]

Ok then. :)

2015-01-25 17:59:03
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]