Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 20:29:22

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Feature request: don't move camera if avatar is clicked 

Hello, Henri! I hope the new year finds you well. :)

Currently, if you happen to left-click on your own avatar, or an unscripted attachment on your avatar, it has the same effect as pressing "shift-esc": the camera view resets.* I have never understood why SL does that. I have never intentionally clicked on my avatar in order to reset the camera, and I have very frequently done so accidentally. (Usually, either I'm trying to click on a small scripted attachment, or I'm trying to select an attachment for editing and have forgotten that I'd closed the edit window.) Is there any way of turning this feature off, so clicking your avatar has no effect?

*(And if you have the "resetting the camera view rotates the avatar" setting checked, your avatar rotates. Please allow me to thank you again for that setting; it has made my Second Life much better.)

2015-01-05 22:24:06

Left-clicking your avatar and moving the mouse left/right or up/down allows you to make your avatar look in the corresponding direction, also moving the camera in third person view and, if turning more than a threshold (adjustable in "Preferences" -> "Input & Camera" -> "Input Controls" -> "Head/Pelvis max rotation deviation"), turning your avatar itself, thus why the camera resets. I don't intend to change this.

2015-01-05 23:22:18
Profile WWW

Fair enough! Thanks for the quick response.

2015-01-05 23:51:14

In fact, I just discovered that the option already existed (albeit totally wrongly named and hidden in a debug setting without any option in menus/preferences to change it)... The debug setting in question is called "LeftClickShowMenu" (go figure !), and setting it to TRUE disables the left-click-steering (and thus the camera resetting).

In the next releases, that setting will be renamed as "LeftClickSteersAvatar" and will be exposed as a check box in the "Mouse options", "Input and Camera" tab of the Preferences floater.

2015-03-03 20:40:11
Profile WWW

YAY!

Thank you very much!

2015-03-07 17:10:57
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]