Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 09:04:15

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Possible new "look at" feature 

Do you wish to have "X is interested in your av's look" notification ?
Yes ! 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
No way ! 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Alright, but only with associated look-at distance clamping for self (for reciprocity/fairness). 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 22

Possible new "look at" feature 

you do know that in RL some small details can be detected, even only guessed. things that a screen and viewer cannot reproduce.
that's why helpers in that area are welcome.

and even if the feature was implemented, like in all other viewers, it would be easy to turn it off , if you feel uneasy with it.

2017-03-28 23:21:07

I implemented this feature in today's release. It works as follow:

A new "LookAtNotifyDelay" setting (with a corresponding slider in "Preferences" -> "Notification") allows to set the delay (0 to disable) after which a (one shot) notify tip is presented to you when a resident keeps their camera focused on your avatar. The feature only works if you did not enable the "Do not look at objects the mouse pointer hovers on..." feature ("PrivateLookAt"), in "Preferences" -> "Input & camera" -> "Input controls", or when the distance for this feature is greater or equal to the distance between your avatar and the onlooker (this is for reciprocity reason: the Cool VL Viewer is not and will never be made into a spying tool).

Equally, and since all TPVs provide it, I added the avatar names on the look at crosshair ("Advanced" -> "Character" -> "Show look at"), but with the same "PrivateLookAt" constraint as for the notification (i.e., here again, reciprocity is the key).

2017-04-29 08:44:55
Profile WWW

thank you so much !

it's working perfectly.

Maybe two things I noticed :
- when more than one looks at you, the names get superimposed, and not readable
> maybe need to make it so the names get on top of the other so we can read them ?

- when in RLV, and no names, we can still the names of the people around by looking at the crosshairs.
> maybe that's a patch for Marine to write ?

Again thank you !

2017-06-03 01:03:35

areca18@ wrote:
Maybe two things I noticed :
- when more than one looks at you, the names get superimposed, and not readable
> maybe need to make it so the names get on top of the other so we can read them ?
Sorry but no... This would bloat the viewer code in a time-sensitive part (frame rendering), making things slower (even if slightly).

Quote:
- when in RLV, and no names, we can still the names of the people around by looking at the crosshairs.
This is definitely something I "overlooked" :lol: ... Fixed in today's release.

2017-06-03 08:50:25
Profile WWW

Which name is used for the notification in this feature? For me (not that I have gotten many 'looks' to exhaustively verify), it seems to always be the legacy name even though I have the radio button preference chosen to show both as 'display name [legacy name]'.

2017-06-11 02:32:04

ZaneZimer wrote:
Which name is used for the notification in this feature? For me (not that I have gotten many 'looks' to exhaustively verify), it seems to always be the legacy name even though I have the radio button preference chosen to show both as 'display name [legacy name]'.

Yes, this feature was implemented long ago, for private builds and needs, and I did not quite "polish" it. Next release will have the names formatted following the user preferences in the notification, and it will also work when another agent looks at one of your avatar's attachments (instead of just the body), which will be especially useful for people using full rigged mesh bodies or old prim-based avatars...

2017-06-11 08:21:16
Profile WWW

Nice. Thanks Henri. :-)

2017-06-11 13:16:45
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2