Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 10:56:57

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Forwarded requests 

I am forwarding this request from a friend who cannot get registered with the forum (Kjartan Eno). I suspect his email provider is blocking the emails like mine did.

I've used the following viewers for Windows & Linux in both Second Life and OpenSim: Firestorm, Kokua, Restrained Love, Singularity, and Cool VL Viewer.

I enjoy the minimalistic interface, rendering quality, editing features, and stability of Cool VL Viewer (CVLV). However, I have found certain issues with it which I think should be addressed:

1. "Replace current outfit" does not work in OpenSim, DreamNation specifically. It does work in SL using CVLV. It also works in DreamNation using all of the other viewers I've tested. I create outfits using links to attachments in my inventory. If I'm wearing mesh feet, for example, and I right-click on a folder containing a link to the exact same attachment, "replacing" the outfit results in my avatar having NO mesh feet attached. Skins, shapes, eyes, hair (aka eyebrow shape), alphas, and tattoo layers seem to work fine. Prim and mesh attachments do not.

2. If there is a way to copy a landmark in my inventory and paste the location into chat for others to use to teleport to the location of the landmark, I've not found it yet. I do NOT want a "http" link for pasting into a web page. I want a SLURL or "hop" link for Opensim.

3. Area Search is in need of distance measurements to objects and prim/LI count of objects in a region. Sorting by distance and land impact are very important features for sim management. Additionally, being able to right-click and zoom to, edit, or return an object from the Area Search floater is important.

Thanks,
Kjartan

2016-12-16 22:11:42

GeoffEarnshaw wrote:
I am forwarding this request from a friend who cannot get registered with the forum (Kjartan Eno). I suspect his email provider is blocking the emails like mine did.
Just use another email...

Quote:
1. "Replace current outfit" does not work in OpenSim, DreamNation specifically. It does work in SL using CVLV. It also works in DreamNation using all of the other viewers I've tested. I create outfits using links to attachments in my inventory. If I'm wearing mesh feet, for example, and I right-click on a folder containing a link to the exact same attachment, "replacing" the outfit results in my avatar having NO mesh feet attached. Skins, shapes, eyes, hair (aka eyebrow shape), alphas, and tattoo layers seem to work fine. Prim and mesh attachments do not.
This was a bug, that also happened in SL. It was due to a stale "FirstDetachAll" flag in the UPD "RezMultipleAttachmentsFromInv" message that used to be of use in old days but causes race conditions when re-wearing the same attachments: since the viewer now cares for detaching attachments first, that flag should now always be false... I also improved the algorithm to make it smarter: attachments that are already worn and present in the new outfit are no more detached/reattached. The fix will be part of next release.

Quote:
2. If there is a way to copy a landmark in my inventory and paste the location into chat for others to use to teleport to the location of the landmark, I've not found it yet. I do NOT want a "http" link for pasting into a web page. I want a SLURL or "hop" link for Opensim.
There is no "hop" SLURL in the Cool VL Viewer (this was already replied to in the past), and http map URLs are automatically interpreted as SLURLs in the viewer (if you click on http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/S ... xx/yyy/zzz in chat history, for example, the viewer opens a landmark info floater which gives access to the world map as well... To get the URL, right click on the landmark in your inventory, choose "Show on map", then when the map is shown, click the "Copy SLURL to clipboard" button. I might improve this in the future, but it's low priority stuff, really...

Quote:
3. Area Search is in need of distance measurements to objects
Just double-click on the object entry in the list to get a beacon pointing to that object with the distance...

Quote:
and prim/LI count of objects in a region.
The "Area search" is not the place for such an info; for a start, not *all* objects get listed in that floater: only rezzed objects are (which depends on your draw distance, on the interest list in SL, and on your camera FOV). The objects count in the land (on a per-parcel basis) is found in the "About land" floater.
For the land impact of an object, you can use the "Inspect" button of the "Area search" floater and from there, the "Object weights" button of the "Inspect" floater.

Quote:
Sorting by distance and land impact are very important features for sim management.
Querying for the land impact of each object listed in the Area search floater is an extremely costly process (in term of viewer to server messaging, and vice versa) that could be considered excessive/griefing by some grids staff... I do not plan to implement it. Sorting by distance would be possible, although I do not really see much interest in this... Especially since you can use the Tools -> "Pathfinding linksets" floater, which gives you all these pieces of info while not taxing the server as much as UDP messaging with the features you ask for the "Area search" floater would do (pathfinding queries are done via HTTP and in very few, large messages, instead of a gazillion small UDP messages).

Quote:
Additionally, being able to right-click and zoom to, edit, or return an object from the Area Search floater is important.
Again, there's the beacon to spot the object, and the inspect floater (and once you got the object in view, just use the pie menu to return it).

2016-12-20 00:27:42
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]