Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 07:59:59

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Various feature requests 

Please make it so that double clicking on an agent in the radar focuses that agent. The pop-up window that shows up instead is not useful and the 'Focus' button could be used for that instead.

2023-12-08 07:02:34

Please automatically remove the keyboard focus from the inventory window after teleporting. It is annoying that you have to manually unfocus the inventory window every time you teleport to a landmark by double-clicking it before you can move your avatar.

2023-12-08 07:06:41

Please make it so that we don't have to press Shift+ESC instead of just pressing ESC to reset the view. This is so annoying and every other client does it that way. Why make things so unnecessarily complicated? Pressing ESC is enough.

2023-12-08 07:22:21

username wrote:
Please make it so that double clicking on an agent in the radar focuses that agent. The pop-up window that shows up instead is not useful and the 'Focus' button could be used for that instead.
This is your point of view (no pun intended), not mine... Sorry, but no, I will not modify the current, wanted behaviour.

Please note that I implemented Lua scripting, and many things can be customized using Lua so to make the viewer more to you taste and/or to expand it with custom features. For the Radar, you will find several Lua callbacks already implemented, and I am open to adding more Lua features, as long as they make sense and won't slow down the viewer.

username wrote:
Please automatically remove the keyboard focus from the inventory window after teleporting. It is annoying that you have to manually unfocus the inventory window every time you teleport to a landmark by double-clicking it before you can move your avatar.
Granted. This change is implemented for next release (in which the keyboard focus, whatever floater/panel it was set to, will be reset to none on successful TP).

username wrote:
Please make it so that we don't have to press Shift+ESC instead of just pressing ESC to reset the view. This is so annoying and every other client does it that way. Why make things so unnecessarily complicated? Pressing ESC is enough.
No. This question/request was already replied, several times, with reasons given as to why I made it that way. See this topic, for example (there are others, just use the forum search feature).

As a rule of thumb, my viewer behaves the way I designed it to behave: if something works differently than in another viewer (and this behaviour is intended and not an actual bug), then there is a good reason to it, and it is highly unlikely I would accept to change it. If you don't like it, either get used to it, or use another viewer... Or get the sources, create your own patches, and recompile your customized viewer for yourself; I made compiling my viewer a breeze: just one shell or batch script to fire, once the compilation prerequisites installed (see the detailed *BuildHowto.txt files in the sources doc/ sub-directory).

Also, please, follow the forum rules: the Bugs sub-forum is reserved to actual bugs, and feature requests shall go to... surprise, surprise... the Feature requests sub-forum (where I moved and regrouped all your requests in this single thread) ! :shock:

Finally, "username" is quite poor a choice for a forum user name, and such poor choices make me highly suspicious about your actual intentions... Please consider making another account with a meaningful name. Here again, see the rules.

2023-12-08 08:18:06
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]