Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 10:44:20

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
"Derender" button in radar 

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a "Derender" button in the "Moderation" tab of the radar? I know the feature is available in the pie menu when you right click on an av, but nowadays, it is sometimes tricky to do it this way: since a lot of people have attachments everywhere, doing so derenders the attachment you right-click on, and not the whole av. Also, right-clicking on someone might be interpreted as showing interest if they have the dreaded "show look at"/"show point at" indicators on, when… well, if I want to derender them, obviously not. ;)

Thanks! :)

2018-03-15 08:03:59

Note that you can right-click on the avatars' name tag to get the avatar pie menu...

A new "Derender" button was however added to the radar for next release.

2018-03-15 12:44:08
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
Note that you can right-click on the avatars' name tag to get the avatar pie menu...

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks!
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
A new "Derender" button was however added to the radar for next release.

And thanks for that too! :)

2018-03-16 07:53:11

Hello,

The "Derender" button is neat. I use it to derender objects or people that are in the way when I take a picture.
But I never found how to rerender ( re-render ) an object. I log out and back in to be able to re-render an avatar or an object. I used to TP in and out, some time ago.

Is there a button or menu somewhere to rerender an object or avatar, that I missed ?
Found this on the net for another viewer that I don't use: they talk about an "Asset Blacklist" menu here : " go to the Phoenix menu at the top of your screen and to the Asset Blacklist. Remove your friend from the list and then you will see them again."
I found the Mute menu, but nothing there about derendered objects.

( Maybe I should have opened a new post ? But this is the post that speaks about derendering )

Thank you !

2019-06-06 08:32:36

etetet wrote:
I never found how to rerender ( re-render ) an object. I log out and back in to be able to re-render an avatar or an object. I used to TP in and out, some time ago.
You must first "Clear derendered objects list" (in the Advanced -> Rendering menu), then indeed TP away (not to a neighbouring sim) and back in, to see all objects/avatars re-rendered.

You could also use the Lua scripting feature to remove specific objects from the derendered objects list (see the GetDerenderedObjects() and DerenderObject() functions in the Lua scripting documentation), but would still need to TP away and back in, since the viewer needs for the server to resend the objects info it would otherwise not resend.

2019-06-06 10:15:34
Profile WWW

and I wasn't able to see it ;-)
works perfectly

thank you !

2019-06-07 09:50:24
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]