Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 10:48:18

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Make friends a different tag color 

Hello,

first i wanna say i love this viewer, i just switched from FS to the Cool VL viewer and i like it a lot. Now i have a question, i play a lot on RP sims and then it is kinda important to mark people different colors, maybe it is already possible but my question is....Is it possible to mark people a different color on the mini map and also to give people a different color tag, for example all your friends have a blue name tag and non friends a green name tag.

Xuander

2018-06-15 08:39:08

You can do this for the mini-map dots color using the Cool VL Viewer's Lua scripting feature (using the SetAvatarMinimapColor() function); an example of how to implement avatar mini-map dots color changes with the Lua Pie menu (SHIFT+right click on avatar name tags) is given at the end of the example automation script, but more complex code is possible, of course, and unlike other TPVs, it lets you customize that feature to your likings.

I added a SetAvatarNameTagColor() Lua function too, for next release, so you will also be able to recolor name tags.

2018-06-15 12:54:28
Profile WWW

Thanks Henri,

i did try to let the lua script to work but i think i do something wrong...is there maybe a tutorial on how this works?

2018-06-17 09:53:27

Everything you need to learn how to write Lua scripts for the Cool VL Viewer is in the Lua scripting and viewer automation feature thread, including a link to the Lua reference manual.

2018-06-17 10:46:56
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]