Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 14:31:25

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Some Functions I would like to see 

Here are some Functions I know from the Singularity Viever.
Since the Singularity Viewer is nearly broken down, I hope to continue here.

Missing Options, I used to use (some maybe already in the Viewer):

- Auto Update, without Downloading the Viewer (like nearly every Software do it)
- Hotkeys like B(uilding) without the Alt Key
- Fake Away Status (Great against Spammers)
- Pose Stand
- Notify Money Changes without a Poppup-Window
- No Ava or Cam Movements when entering Appearance Mode
- Chat Window with Chatbar in it
- Open Chat, IM, Contacts in one Window, but in own Tabs (Comunications)
- Contacts with Groups and Friends in Sub Tabs
- Friends with Settings for Onlinestatus, Locate on Map and Edit Objects right of the Friendname
- Friends with IM/Call, Profile, Teleport, Pay, Remove and Add on right Side of the Friendname
- Groups with Options for Group Messages, Group Chat and Visible in Profile right of the Groupname
- Groups with IM/Call, Info, Activate, Leave, Create, Search, Invite and Titles on right Side of the Groupnames
- "Disable first time Popups"-Button in the Popups (Preferences)
- Message Highlight and Sound, when someone use a Keyword in Chats (Color is already in)
- TP offset half Avasize up to prevent Stuck in Ground or Fall out of Skyboxes
- Ability to turn of my Viewer Effects (already in as I know)
- Ability to see Viewpoints of other (LookAtBeacon, Pink, Violet, Grey Cross) with Line between Cross and Ava
- Render muted Avatars
- Sit down when AFK
- Auto minimize Region Restart Windows
- Automatic Teleport to Landmarks (Drag and Drop adding) when you're not react at the 30 Seconds Position of the Restart Countdown (2-3 LM useable, incl. a Warningsound you can add)
- Option for disabling left Click Sit
- Option to build a Prim with preset Options, like a Texture, Permissions, Phantom/Physical/Temp and other
- Friends Name and Chat in wanted Color

https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/67asquvf.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/zvmkjlkg.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/gnhx2yky.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/9y3v3ya8.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/nsgrxgpu.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/koench9x.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/y3rcrzlk.jpg
https://s17.directupload.net/images/190704/aqswvfwc.jpg

2019-07-04 20:29:54

Tigra_Watanabe wrote:
Here are some Functions I know from the Singularity Viever.
Since the Singularity Viewer is nearly broken down, I hope to continue here.

Missing Options, I used to use (some maybe already in the Viewer):
You know, exploring the Advanced menu and the Preferences floater tabs (and reading the many descriptive tool tips for its various features) would allow you to find most of what you are seeking for, and avoid making me loose time replying to you for things that already exist...

Quote:
- Auto Update, without Downloading the Viewer (like nearly every Software do it)
See the "Help" -> "About..." floater, "Usage policy" tab, chapter 2... No, there will never be any auto-update feature implemented: I hate such features and got 0 reason to loose time coding one !

Quote:
No way either... As a role-player I expect that non-CTRL/ALT keys are reserved for typing text !!!

Quote:
- Fake Away Status (Great against Spammers)
I'm against fakes ! Simply use the busy or auto-reply modes...

Quote:
- Pose Stand
Why implementing in a viewer something you can do (and find in a gazillion forms) as a scripted item ?.... For the sake of bloating the code ?... No, sorry.

Quote:
This could be added.

Quote:
- No Ava or Cam Movements when entering Appearance Mode
- Chat Window with Chatbar in it
Already available. See Preferences, Cool features tab.

Quote:
- Open Chat, IM, Contacts in one Window, but in own Tabs (Comunications)
Already possible: click the "join" icon at the top right of the chat floater (left of the close button) to re-join it with the IM/Communications floater, as a tab.

Quote:
Already part of the IM/Communications floater...

Quote:
- Friends with Settings for Onlinestatus, Locate on Map and Edit Objects right of the Friendname
- Friends with IM/Call, Profile, Teleport, Pay, Remove and Add on right Side of the Friendname
Already part of the Friends floater...

Quote:
- Groups with Options for Group Messages, Group Chat and Visible in Profile right of the Groupname
- Groups with IM/Call, Info, Activate, Leave, Create, Search, Invite and Titles on right Side of the Groupnames
Already part of the Groups floater...

No seriously, did you at all *use* the viewer ??? :shock:

Quote:
- "Disable first time Popups"-Button in the Popups (Preferences)
What for ?... These notifications will only be shown once, and you will never see them again (unless you wipe off your settings).

Quote:
- Message Highlight and Sound, when someone use a Keyword in Chats (Color is already in)
You can implement this on your own, via simple Lua scripting. I will not hard-code it in C++ (no bloat, no slow-down for people not needing such a feature).

Quote:
- TP offset half Avasize up to prevent Stuck in Ground or Fall out of Skyboxes
The TPs are done like in any other viewer... I never fell off skyboxes (as long as they were not moved or removed) neither got "stuck in ground"... The avatar size (and any offset) is already accounted for.

Quote:
- Ability to turn of my Viewer Effects (already in as I know)
If you know it's already in, why asking for it ???

Quote:
- Ability to see Viewpoints of other (LookAtBeacon, Pink, Violet, Grey Cross) with Line between Cross and Ava
Already implemented, in my own way. See the Advanced menu, Character sub-menu, and this message.

Quote:
- Render muted Avatars
I don't understand... They are rendered unless you opt for a full mute, but the Cool VL Viewer allows you to mute just the chat/IMs, the sounds, the particles, the voice, or any combination of them...

Quote:
- Sit down when AFK
I could add a Lua event for away/busy mode changes and you would then add a few Lua lines to your automation script to get the desired effect...

Quote:
Wazzat ???

Quote:
- Automatic Teleport to Landmarks (Drag and Drop adding) when you're not react at the 30 Seconds Position of the Restart Countdown (2-3 LM useable, incl. a Warningsound you can add)
I may add a Lua event for notifications... Then you would be able to script the automatic TP on such warnings. But I don't intend to hard-code such a feature.

Quote:
Option for disabling left Click Sit
"Preferences" floater, "Input & Camera" tab, "Input controls" sub-tab...

Quote:
- Option to build a Prim with preset Options, like a Texture, Permissions, Phantom/Physical/Temp and other
Maybe... For permissions however, note that this is already the case: you can configure the default permissions for prims (and other newly created assets) via "Files" -> "Set default permissions".

Quote:
- Friends Name and Chat in wanted Color
Lua is your friend (already possible)...

2019-07-04 22:50:36
Profile WWW

With today's releases, you can perform these, from automation.lua:

For:
Quote:
- Disable first time Popups
- Automatic Teleport to Landmarks on sim restart
use:
Code:
function OnNotification(name, id, text)
   if name:sub(1, 5) == "First" then
      CancelNotification(id)
   elseif name == "SystemMessage" and text:sub(1, 23) == "Your money balance has " then
      CancelNotification(id)
   elseif name == "RegionRestartSeconds" then
      TeleportAgentHome()
   end
end
Note: instead of TeleportAgentHome() you could of course use something more elaborate, with detection of the region your agent is in and, when already in home region, the use of TeleportAgentToPos() with global coordinates corresponding to a LM (use GetGridSimAndPos() to find the coordinates): you could even use a Lua button to grab the coordinates of your agent current position and set these as the TP coordinates, save them in Lua-reserved debug settings, etc... In fact, you could even setup your custom preferences/settings floater using Lua...

For:
Quote:
- Sit down when AFK
use:
Code:
auto_sat = false

function OnAgentOccupationChange(mode)
   if mode > 1 then
      return
   end
   local info = GetAgentInfo()
   local seated = info["sitting"] or info["sitting_on_ground"]
   if not seated then
      auto_sat = false
   end
   if mode == 0 and auto_sat then
      AgentStand()
      auto_sat = false
   elseif mode == 1 and not seated then
      auto_sat = AgentSit()
   end
end

2019-07-06 14:32:57
Profile WWW

Quote:
Zitat:

No way either... As a role-player I expect that non-CTRL/ALT keys are reserved for typing text !!!

I'm in a RP Community too.
I have usual set the Open chat to automatic close after pressing the Enter Button.
To open it, I just press Enter, type my Chat and send/close it again, by pressing Enter again.
If I would use the option to start Chat by pressing a Letter, I could not walk arround with WASD, without start typing all the Time.
If I want an open Chat all the Time, I open the Chat Floater Box, where I had an Chatbar like in an IM Window.

Quote:
Zitat:

Already part of the IM/Communications floater...

Zitat:

Already part of the Friends floater...

Zitat:

Already part of the Groups floater...

I know they are there, I would like an Option, to have this 3 Floaters in one Window, so my Screen is not filled with Boxes, when I need some Work between the Boxes.

Quote:
No seriously, did you at all *use* the viewer ??? :shock:

Yes, I have use the Viewer many Times, mostly short Times, like as the Viewers Emergency and Phoenix was out of use.
After the next Viewer is broken, I hope to have this Viewer as new permanent Viewer.

Quote:
Zitat:
- Render muted Avatars

I don't understand... They are rendered unless you opt for a full mute, but the Cool VL Viewer allows you to mute just the chat/IMs, the sounds, the particles, the voice, or any combination of them...

Some Viewer render muted Ava as a grey Surfacem like a Doom Sprite just in grey.
The Option dissable this greyness (maybe it's made to see if an Ava is muted or not)

Quote:
Zitat:
Wazzat ???

This Option hide the yellow Box with the Sim Shutdown and Logout Warning, usual used with the Option to Auto-Teleport to another Sim, to prevent an Logout from SL.

Quote:
Zitat:

I may add a Lua event for notifications... Then you would be able to script the automatic TP on such warnings. But I don't intend to hard-code such a feature.

I can't script, but it looks like a simple Option.
In the Prefenzes are an Option, where you can drop two LM, where the Viewer should tp you, if you're not leaving the Sim.
Under this Boxes is an Option to turn on an Warning Sound and you can add the UUID of a Sound, you want to hear (it's played when the Sim Shutdown Warning pop up).
Always good if you do something in your Inventory, like writing an Readme for a Product, then need to visit the Bath and your Work is still there, instead on an "You have been Logged out" Window.

By the Way, a TP to the own Home Position is a nice idea, but will not work, if you're on the Sim with the Home Position.
By using Landmarks, you can use Places like the offitial Help Island or other Sims as TP Target and you can easy change the Places, by drag and drop, like you add a file to a Groupmessage.

Heres a Picture of this Option:

Quote:
Lua is your friend

Not everyone can script or understand Lua.
For me, I can mod Scripts, but my Knowledge is to low to Programm own Scripts, or even an Whole Viewer.
Thats the Reason, why we are writing this Requests here in the Forum for "Feature requests".
Of course, it's still your Viewer, and you choose what to add and what not.
At last its a great Viewer for an SL Oldie like me, who don't like Viewer, like the SL Viewer or Firestorm, where I need to search every Option (if they arein there at all).

2019-07-06 15:07:14

Like many people coming from another viewer, you expect mine to implement the same options and features.

Well, I got a scoop for you: it is not, never has been and never will be the case... My viewer was forked from LL's viewer and diverged from all other viewers (i.e. LL's viewer and all of the current TPVs which by the way are much "younger" than my viewer, which existed years before them all).

The UI is based (and expanded) from the SL viewer v1.18.0 (pre-voice UI), and in fact, the changes in LL's viewer UI were what incited me to fork the code, so to undo the monstrous "Communicate" window changes.
Yes, the Friends and Groups are separate floaters, and for a good reason: maximizing 3D screen estate, using the space in the most efficient way (thus the layouts, with the buttons under the list, for example, to avoid unused space at the right of the list). You do not need anything else than the short lists of friends and groups in the IM floater (with a double-click on any entry to start an IM session); these lists also tell you whether your friends are online (bold text) or not, which is all what matters, and which of your groups have their chat "muted" (not auto-opening/joining: normal text). For the Friends and Groups actual management, you got the full fledged floaters that, as a result, you do not need to keep open all the time, and can lay out anywhere you want and at any size you want in the viewer window.

As for not wanting to use Lua, it's your problem. Learning Lua was a matter of an afternoon for me (including learning its C API so to integrate it in the viewer code, which of course is of no concern for a normal user), and even for a non-programmer, it can be learned in a couple of days, at worst. Lua is also used in quite a few commercial games, so you might encounter it and use it again elsewhere in the future.
I integrated Lua in my viewer for the very reason that it could be used by anyone to customize the viewer behaviour and even UI to their own liking, without having to bloat the viewer code itself with a gazillion features that 95% of people won't use anyway.

So, since either the features you asked for were already implemented, or are implemented differently (for a purpose) and won't be modified, or would never be implemented, or have just been made available via new Lua functions, I consider the case closed (with the exception of the default primitives parameters, that I may perhaps add at some point: but don't hold your breath on it, because it is rather low in my ToDo list).

2019-07-06 19:45:48
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]