Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 11:47:08

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Modernized bumps floater (was: bumps detector inoperative) 

I just realized today, after having been hit by a griefer, that the bumps, pushes & hits window remains blank even when having it preemptively opened. Nothing is detected. :( I confirmed by repeating the experience, with the help of a friend equipped with a defensive bumper. Still nothing, even after a couple of hard punches that sent me flying. :lol:

This glitch isn't new to 1.28 version: I also realized it was already the same under latest 1.26.24.23 (freshly tested on another system I haven't updated yet). For sure, it won't help collecting evidence to make valid abuse reports when you're harrassed by some idiot... :|
Latest log file provided below. Good luck. ;)

Attachments:
CoolVLViewer.zip [23.12 KiB]
Downloaded 212 times
2020-06-28 12:26:21

The code in the Cool VL Viewer for pushes and hits is no different than in LL's viewer... And yes, it is far from flawless (but pushes are reported by the server, so...).

Are you positively, 100% sure it only affects the Cool VL Viewer ?

2020-06-28 13:25:09
Profile WWW

Alas, yes. I did the reverse test, both with Firestorm and Singularity. Under these 2 viewers, in same conditions, bumps are clearly displayed. :|

2020-06-29 05:53:05

Please, note that the bumps floater only lists the *last* bump registered for each given bumping avatar, and that it is not automatically refreshed when left open: you need to close it and reopen it to see new bumps updated (with new time for bumps from the same avatar) or added. I just checked and it works perfectly this way.

I did not update the bump floater code since the v1.18 viewer era (back in 2007), so the changes implemented since by LL (probably in their v2 viewer) have not yet been backported to it...

Note also that, nonetheless, the Cool VL Viewer implements a (real time) Lua callback for push and hits and you can use it to warn you at each such bump. See the Lua scripting and viewer automation feature documentation for OnAgentPush(), with an example of its usage in the automation script.

So, not a bug, and I am moving this thread to where it belongs, in the feature requests forum.

2020-06-29 06:41:12
Profile WWW

For today's release (v1.28.0.1) I rewrote the "Bump, pushes & hits" floater from scratch, implementing better and more detailed statistics, real time updating, and several actions (buttons): "Clear" to clear the history, "Show" to focus the camera on the avatar responsible for a given assault, "Profile" to view their profile (from which other actions are possible, such as IM, Mute, etc), and "Report" to abuse-report them (with proper pre-filling of the report floater, using the gathered statistics).

2020-07-04 08:59:58
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]