Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 14:12:47

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Ability to save full-perm textures to disk (& other changes) 

Hey!

Just been running into a slightly annoying problem recently, as I have a bunch of full-perm textures in my inventory which I want to modify in Photoshop, but each time I get around to modifying them, I need to switch viewer as CoolVL doesn't seem to have the ability to directly save textures from my inventory to my hard-drive (or at least, not by the context menu)

Ideally i'd like to be able to save these textures as .png and .tga formats, as these are the main formats I like working with.

Also, another small change:
In the Search window, the last tab is named 'Showcase & Marketplace', however this actually loads the Destination guide - would be good if it was named as such!

Thank you! :)

2021-02-22 12:22:33

Jenna Huntsman wrote:
Just been running into a slightly annoying problem recently, as I have a bunch of full-perm textures in my inventory which I want to modify in Photoshop, but each time I get around to modifying them, I need to switch viewer as CoolVL doesn't seem to have the ability to directly save textures from my inventory to my hard-drive (or at least, not by the context menu)
Please, do not expect to find the same UI layout as in v2+ viewers (it will never be the case). To save a (full perm) texture, simply double click on it in your inventory (or bring/focus any texture preview to the front) and use "File" -> "Save texture as...".

Quote:
Ideally i'd like to be able to save these textures as .png and .tga formats, as these are the main formats I like working with.
All textures are saved in the Targa (TGA) format.

Quote:
In the Search window, the last tab is named 'Showcase & Marketplace', however this actually loads the Destination guide - would be good if it was named as such!
Showcase = Destination guide. Not my fault if LL changes the name for their webpages every few months... And I'll keep "Showcase", since it won't involve getting a 3 kilometers long tab name that would be hideous in the floater.

2021-02-22 12:56:46
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]