Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-05-28 07:53:10



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
show name tags of derendered avatars 
Author Message

Joined: 2021-06-21 12:39:03
Posts: 149
Reply with quote
Hi!

Sometimes when I sing I have to make use of the derendering of avatars that are not on my friends list to safe that cpu power for my soaking live played virtual piano. That works great, in particular the auto-derendering script to be found in here is very nice working.

The only downside of this is that I cannot see any name tags anymore which would help to find my way through all the folks without the need of using the mini-map. So, would it be possible to have both - people derendered and still to see their name tags?


2024-04-14 00:47:36
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 5600
Reply with quote
This is simply not possible: derendered avatars are removed from the objects list (their object instance is destroyed), and the name tag pertains to this instance...

If you want to lower the load, instead of derendering entirely avatars, consider making them into "jelly dolls" (right click on name tag, then in the pie menu "Mutes" -> "Never show").
You can also automatically turn almost all avatars into jelly dolls, by simply setting a low "Maximum render complexity" setting, from the "Preferences" floater, "Graphics" tab, "Avatars rendering" sub-tab: setting is to 10000 will do, and if you want to de-jelly-dollify a few avatars, you can do so with the pie menu (same steps as above), by selecting "Always show" instead.


2024-04-14 05:50:47
Profile WWW

Joined: 2021-06-21 12:39:03
Posts: 149
Reply with quote
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
This is simply not possible: derendered avatars are removed from the objects list (their object instance is destroyed), and the name tag pertains to this instance...
I see..

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
If you want to lower the load, instead of derendering entirely avatars, consider making them into "jelly dolls" (right click on name tag, then in the pie menu "Mutes" -> "Never show").
Would that setting be consistent/active also after re-log or would it be temporary as DerenderObject? I'm thinking about adjusting the great Auto-Derender-Script by Zane to use that Idea of jelly dolling non-friends who fly in during a show.

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
You can also automatically turn almost all avatars into jelly dolls, by simply setting a low "Maximum render complexity" setting, from the "Preferences" floater, "Graphics" tab, "Avatars rendering" sub-tab: setting is to 10000 will do, and if you want to de-jelly-dollify a few avatars, you can do so with the pie menu (same steps as above), by selecting "Always show" instead.
Using the pie menu is not possible for me during my shows, but it's good to know about this option.


2024-04-15 14:41:53
Profile

Joined: 2009-03-17 18:42:51
Posts: 5600
Reply with quote
DonFranko wrote:
Would that setting be consistent/active also after re-log or would it be temporary as DerenderObject?
It is only valid for the current session and only as long as the avatar stays around (if it relogs or TPs away/back in, the setting is reset, since it is part of the avatar object that gets removed from memory when the avatar goes away or logs off).

Quote:
I'm thinking about adjusting the great Auto-Derender-Script by Zane to use that Idea of jelly dolling non-friends who fly in during a show.
I added a new SetVisualMute() Lua function for next release, so you will be able to do that in Lua...


2024-04-18 15:32:23
Profile WWW

Joined: 2021-06-21 12:39:03
Posts: 149
Reply with quote
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
DonFranko wrote:
Would that setting be consistent/active also after re-log or would it be temporary as DerenderObject?
It is only valid for the current session and only as long as the avatar stays around (if it relogs or TPs away/back in, the setting is reset, since it is part of the avatar object that gets removed from memory when the avatar goes away or logs off).

Quote:
I'm thinking about adjusting the great Auto-Derender-Script by Zane to use that Idea of jelly dolling non-friends who fly in during a show.
I added a new SetVisualMute() Lua function for next release, so you will be able to do that in Lua...
Oh, that is great. Thank you very much, Henri !!


2024-04-19 15:15:08
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.