Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-18 06:20:05

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
[Feature Request] Double Click Teleport 

Hello,

Name's Dan and I'm a new user to both these forums but also to your Cool Viewer application, having recently learning about 3rd party viewers I was quick to try and find one and had first settled for the GreenLife Emerald Viewer. But with further research I found this to be the ideal application, mainly for it's stable condition, active userbase and just a more General Community feeling by reading through the sites and forums.

The Main point I wanted to get to thou, was that while using GreenLife Emerald Viewer I found it's double click teleport feature to be quiet awesome, not only did it allow me to tp while zoomed in (beats using goto features which crashes into an avatar) it also did wonders for when I was building and wanted to say, try walking through the hallways but was on the floor under, with no stairs and had to fly (of course this would be the normal outcome, but found the double click teleport to be quiet a treat)

Anyway! I was hoping whether anyone could either create/instruct how to go about adding this as a feature to CV maybe having to turn it on from preferences (saw double click to add/remove clothing but there wasn't any trouble with doing this with GL Emerald)

Cheers.

2009-04-21 07:59:43

Greetings,

Not sure about what feature you are speaking (I do not know the "Greenlife Emerald Viewer " and I cannot try it since it's only for Windoze)... But the Cool SL Viewer entitles you to TP to landmarks by double-clicking on them in the inventory...

As for adding a feature to the Cool SL Viewer yourself, it must be done at the sources level, then the sources have to be compiled into a new viewer. Unless you got a patch (that can apply without reject to the sources), it requires programming skills, and even with a patch, it requires enough skills/knowledge to patch and recompile the viewer.

As far as the "Greenlife Emerald Viewer " features are concerned, and unlike the Cool SL Viewer, its author(s) do(es) not provide patches against the official Second Life viewer sources, meaning it's impossible for a non-programmer to extract just *one* feature from it and apply it to another viewer...

2009-04-21 09:39:04
Profile WWW

yeah that was one of the concerns, i noticed that unlike here they don't do updates and patches and you have to download the whole thing.

it's a pity that i can't program or have a method of extracting the code from the viewer to bring over but had hoped it would've been possible for someone here to do.

in a sense, all it does is tp you to the point where you double click with your cursor. I'm not too sure whether i was able to explain it correctly but clicking on an object/ground would tp me there so it would have to be within viewing distance. It doesn't sound like a great feature sounding so restricted, but it was a great feature when you camera zoom to a location and double click on the ground.

Either way thou, thanks for your quick feed back was eager to hear from you guys.

2009-04-21 10:40:23

you can get that "doubleclick to tp to where you are looking" in any viewer...

- cam to some point far away (disable camera constraints is your buddy)
- open the map (ctrl-m)
- doubleclick on the tip of the white triangle that marks your field of view

...unless there's teleport routing in place you end up at where you were looking at.

saved my silly bum any number of times when i was sailing and a sim border stripped me off my boat.

2009-04-21 15:10:39
Profile YIM WWW

Ok, now that I know what to search for, I made a diff between the official viewer sources and the ones of the Emrald viewer. I then had a look at the diff, and the double click "in-world" to TP is actually a simple hack that uses the "DoubleClickAutopilot" feature.

It could be implemented in the Cool SL Viewer. However it interferes with the RestrainedLife patch and I must investigate further before giving a definitive conclusion.

This feature might therefore appear in a future release of the Cool SL Viewer, but I make no promise about it.

2009-04-21 15:42:10
Profile WWW

Thanks guys for your replies, I'm glad you were able to check it out and somewhat excited that it could be a possible inclusion in the future CV.

I guess having writing in this thread already I was hoping to ask some questions without starting a new Thread. (I'll be more than happy to create a new thread if needed)

The first question or query was that I have a friend who's computer might be slightly outdated (single core P4, not too sure about RAM or Graphics Card) and always had trouble with SL crashing. Now knowing that this is stable and easy to use/install could I recommend the latest version for them to use? Or is there an optimized version which can run more easily on an older machine.

Secondly, I've tried reading up on RestrainedLife but is there any pages that explain it? So far I've gotten the vibe that it holds attatchments without being moved or log in/out while still in sitting position (not too sure, was slightly overwhelmed with the new application at the time)

2009-04-22 02:36:09

Dan wrote:
Thanks guys for your replies, I'm glad you were able to check it out and somewhat excited that it could be a possible inclusion in the future CV.

I guess having writing in this thread already I was hoping to ask some questions without starting a new Thread. (I'll be more than happy to create a new thread if needed)

The first question or query was that I have a friend who's computer might be slightly outdated (single core P4, not too sure about RAM or Graphics Card) and always had trouble with SL crashing. Now knowing that this is stable and easy to use/install could I recommend the latest version for them to use? Or is there an optimized version which can run more easily on an older machine.
Yes, your friend should use the v1.19.0.5 branch (legacy renderer) of the Cool SL Viewer.

Quote:
Secondly, I've tried reading up on RestrainedLife but is there any pages that explain it? So far I've gotten the vibe that it holds attatchments without being moved or log in/out while still in sitting position (not too sure, was slightly overwhelmed with the new application at the time)
http://sldev.free.fr/RestrainedLifeReadme.txt

2009-04-22 07:11:12
Profile WWW

The in-world double click to teleport has been implemented in the latest releases (v1.19, 1.22 and 1.23) of the Cool SL Viewer.

Enjoy ! :)

2009-05-05 14:48:40
Profile WWW

God, that doubleclick teleport feature is the single most coolest thing i've seen in a coolrelease client in ages.

2009-05-12 07:40:18
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks for taking the time to impliment it guys, Really appreciate it!

2009-05-13 11:35:03
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]