Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 03:28:53

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Extra groups and expanded hole/hollow parameters 

Well, the Hippo Opensim Viewer (which is a derivitive of Cool VL Viewer) seems to only get updated once per year. This is most likely due to the opensim dev team's policy of "you can't contribute code to opensim if you've looked at the viewer sources within the last 6 months". That policy is due to a misunderstanding of the GPL and copyright law, causing them to make a false assumption that "tainting" is possible.

That last part is a matter for debate, though. But, the main issue is this: Hippo never updates, and people who use Cool VL Viewer on inworldz or opensim may want to use more than 25 groups (I have 46 groups at InWorldz myself), and may want to use the extended hole/hollow parameters. Those parameters let you set the maximum hole size to 99 instead of 95, and the minimum hole size for torus, ring, and tube prims to 0.01 instead of 0.05.

I'm going to be seeing about implementing these into Cool VL Viewer myself and testing for bugs. If I'm successful, I'll post my patches here!

2010-12-05 16:51:21
Profile WWW

The extra groups have been implemented in today's release (v1.25.0.18). Here is how it works: for any grid which provides the max groups limit as a parameter in their login screen (currently no grid, soon SL as soon as LL will raise the groups limit), this number is taken from it (this is how LL's viewer v2.3 does it). For OpenSim grids not providing such info in the login screen (this might change if the OpenSim folks go the same route as SL), this limit is set to 100.

2010-12-24 16:35:28
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]