Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 09:35:35

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Feature request: My camera is my business? 

Its about "Show LookAt" in the advanced menu. Some viewers have a feature to show not only positions at which others' cameras are fixed, but also their names.

I hate it when idiots IM me like "Stop camming me!". Especially when i'm sitting doing my business not mentioning anyone around but something goes wrong and people see my camera at them. I am pretty sure that where I look with my camera is my business (Original sl viewers dont display any names at those camera crosses)

Is it possible to restrict viewer from sending camera focus position information?

Is there already such a feature? Apologies then.

Thank you.

2011-08-03 16:57:26

This feature is already implemented in the Cool VL Viewer, albeit in a smarter way than in other TPVs (for which, enabling the feature makes your avatar look like a robot to others, with its head always looking straight in front of itself).

It's in Preferences -> Cool features -> Miscellaneous -> "Do not look at or point to objects beyond 20m (defeats ShowLookAt)"

20m being the normal interaction distance (chat range), people within it are to expect others "looking" at them (if they still protest, you may perhaps suggest to them that they should stay in a skybox away from everyone like an hermit...).

2011-08-03 19:48:38
Profile WWW

Found that feature and it's well thought out, but i am used to not broadcasting my "look at" from Phoenix.
My avatar bending around like a grass in the wind just because i am looking for something in my inventory is really something i find very hard to accept. My avi doesn't look like a robot because i use an AO and other animations from my inventory.
Please allow that ugly thing to be turned off.
You could simply use the PrivateLookAtLimit value and if it's <= 0 disable broadcasting "look at".

Even better would be if the viewer wouldn't broadcast it while holding down Ctrl or such, but i guess that wouldn't be as simple anymore and there are more important things to be done.

2011-12-04 15:16:36

Raish wrote:
Please allow that ugly thing to be turned off.
Sorry, but no. If you don't want your avatar's eyes to follow the mouse pointer, there's a very simple and easy solution: focus your camera on some object (on your avatar itself, for example), by keeping ALT pressed then pointing at that object. Then you can move the pointer around, open floaters etc, without your Av following it.

2011-12-04 17:13:53
Profile WWW

I would very much appreciate this option being enabled in this viewer. It has everything else that I want in a viewer but that.

Please can you add this to the viewer as an option for those of us who would like it?

2012-06-23 11:32:06

Even if you do hold down alt on yourself and you stare straight ahead.. with your ao moving around it makes your eyes look funny. For those of us who are vain with our pixels lol

PRETTY PLEASEEEEEEEEE

2012-06-23 11:34:23

spudtacular wrote:
Even if you do hold down alt on yourself and you stare straight ahead.. with your ao moving around it makes your eyes look funny. For those of us who are vain with our pixels lol

PRETTY PLEASEEEEEEEEE

I second that. If you click around the inventory, all is well, but as soon as you click a HUD, the eyes are off the targetted item again. When clicking on HUD while taking photos, this is a bad thing.

For me at least clicking the HUD shouldnt change the looking direction either.

And yes, the way other TPVs do it, is rather bad. Standing there, talking to someone and staring forward and ignoring the person you are talking to is no good at all. ;-)

2012-06-29 15:01:29
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]