Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 12:54:34

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Feature Request: Camera Controls 

One of the few things I liked about V2 were the camera controls. I am a total mouse slave and the camera control HUD is one of the very few I have on my screen all the time. While it is a bit too big, I do like the added functionality over the V1 version. Is there any plan to bring this feature into CV?

BTW, many thanks for all your work, Henri. :)

2011-09-09 16:06:10

Everything needed is already in the existing camera controls floater... I don't see what could possibly (and more exactly "usefully") be added !
Better keeping the floater small, instead of making it ridiculously huge like in v2/3 viewers, since it is (together with the movement controls floater) one of the only floaters that are almost always left open on the screen.
So, no, I *definitely* do not plan to modify this floater.

2011-09-09 19:00:50
Profile WWW

I think that the actual controls Brenda C was trying to refer to were the ones in Firestorm. Their version of the controls allows for the floater to be resized via a pull tab so you can make it smaller or bigger depending on need, it also includes buttons for fixed side and front views of your avatar, which is a little bit handier than swiveling the camera around to get a quick look at those sides. Perhaps instead of buttons on the floater for the side/front views, some simple mouse click commands would substitute ?

2011-09-10 14:33:36

Sort of. I did mean the controls to change the camera views from behind to front, etc, as was introduced in Viewer 2. As far as the rest, I can't say, I've never used Firestorm.

2011-09-11 17:47:06

Lord wrote:
I think that the actual controls Brenda C was trying to refer to were the ones in Firestorm. Their version of the controls allows for the floater to be resized via a pull tab so you can make it smaller or bigger depending on need
A very bad idea... Making the camera controls floater resizable means making it a true floater, with a title bar, which also means making it bigger. Plus, there is no need to make it larger, since it already got all the needed space for the existing camera operations.

Lord wrote:
it also includes buttons for fixed side and front views of your avatar, which is a little bit handier than swiveling the camera around to get a quick look at those sides. Perhaps instead of buttons on the floater for the side/front views, some simple mouse click commands would substitute ?
Brenda C wrote:
Sort of. I did mean the controls to change the camera views from behind to front, etc, as was introduced in Viewer 2. As far as the rest, I can't say, I've never used Firestorm.
Implementing a front view is something I considered already, especially when sitting your avatar (many seats are against a wall, and the rear view is then inappropriate since it's blocked by the wall)... Since there's some room left in the camera controls (under the draw distance spinner), I might well add a "Front" checkbox, there...

2011-09-11 18:18:32
Profile WWW

Thanks for adding the Front view, Henri.

2011-09-16 19:57:06
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]