Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 12:13:38

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
put grid button back... 

Please, could you put "Snap to grid" button back, where it was before, in edit menu?
It's wery annoying to open "Grid options" dialog each time I need grid..

And for linking most builders use "Ctrl+L" shortcut, so those "Link" and "Unlink" buttons are excess...

2011-10-14 12:53:23

WebGearbox wrote:
Please, could you put "Snap to grid" button back, where it was before, in edit menu?
I'm afraid it won't happen... Sorry.

Quote:
It's wery annoying to open "Grid options" dialog each time I need grid..
In 4 years of SLing and building I always let this option enabled and never used the corresponding checkbox... To be frank, I don't even see any point in allowing to disable the grid since snapping to the grid only happens if you drag the handles *and* do it along the grid scale; you may therefore resize or move the objects without snapping them to the grid and without having to disable the "Snap to grid" option, simply by dragging the handles out of the grid scale.

Quote:
And for linking most builders use "Ctrl+L" shortcut, so those "Link" and "Unlink" buttons are excess...
Not for me... I hate to have to switch between keyboard and mouse while I build (and typing CTRL L requires that my right hand moves from the mouse to the keyboard). I therefore always used the Tools -> (Un)Link menu entry and dreaded not having corresponding buttons in the build floater. Having those buttons there also helps newbies (since CTRL L or an option in the Tool menus are much less obvious (not to say obscure) for them to find).

2011-10-14 13:54:38
Profile WWW

Oh, damn, theres a keyboard shortcut for grid too. Just press "G". Heh, so, the issur is solved.

I often need to turn that off because of this option i widely use Image

Do you rotate, scale, move, duplicate and delete prims without using keyboard? :shock:

PS. Thanks for new light/shadow stuff!

2011-10-14 15:12:42

WebGearbox wrote:
Do you rotate, scale, move, duplicate and delete prims without using keyboard? :shock:
Yes. I don't see what's so shocking...

2011-10-14 17:50:02
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
I don't see what's so shocking...

It's.. slow :?

2011-10-14 18:08:34

So um.. Is there any way so I could do that myself?
I mean, putting button back OR changing grid shortcut.

Gimme a hint, where to dig for way of doing that?
(I'm quite familiar with Visual studio so maybe even can compile stuff.. And even write my own classes maybe. Also XML doesnt scarry me much)

[quote=Henri]I hate to have to switch between keyboard and mouse while I build[/quote]
How do you rotate camera without keyboard?

I use grid A LOT when I build and another floater (grid settings) is excess (kinda uncomfortable, i'm not used to that) :/ And that kb G shortcut is kinda shitty because I'm russian and I have to switch to english keyboard layout to use english G and even more imortant that viewer doesnt inform me in any way that grid is actually on and off. And grid is an important thing sometimes.

2012-12-18 23:32:32
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]