Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 20:32:33

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Feature request: Reconnect and/or disconnect 

Quite a few times, due to my own network problems, I disconnect while visiting (especially) a new to me sim. The trouble is that, from the time I actually lose the connection (the avatar cannot move and/or his words never show up in chat history) till the time the viewer gives up and shows the "you have been disconnected" floater, a few seconds pass. Moreover, the only solution in this case is to turn off the viewer and on again, resulting in unnecessary unloading/reloading of all libraries, etc.

Is there a possibility for some feature to be added that would reconnect me to the sim network, much like i.e. instant messengers have? Imprudence has a "logout" function which, although doesn't always work properly, at least saves the nuissance of restarting the viewer. What I would like to see is something even more powerful, namely a floater stating I have been disconnected and asking if I would like to reconnect, and if so connect me to my last position, else either turn the viewer off or send me to the initial screen.

I have no idea how that can be implemented of course, if at all. It's just a request from a humble resident who loves your viewer :-)

2012-02-15 19:45:56

Imrpudence's hack is an ugly hack (that most probably results in a host of "glitches" and bugs after you reconnect)... Given how the viewer code is implemented, there is simply no safe way to allow a logout and/or reconnect feature that would not involve restarting the viewer. Blame LL for coding in a dirty way...

2012-02-15 20:21:01
Profile WWW

Imprudence's hack does suck. I'm sure that if someone can do it properly, it's you. Ah well, it doesn't matter. Thank you for the quick and clean answer.

P.S. What about this?

2012-02-15 22:22:30
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]