Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 14:34:15

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Feature requests 

I have looked though a few of the feature requests and I didn't see any of the ones I am about to mention so forgive me if it has been mentioned in the past but declined:

Auto responder.....it would respond to a person's IM with a predetermined response. Advantage: it wouldn't block object IM's, inventory offers, etc like busy mode does simply send a text response. Imprudence also has the ability to send a inventory item with the text response, and while nice and useful I would rather have the text response than nothing.

Ability to turn off group chat for certain groups so that it doesn't auto open unless you start it.

Add a button on the IM button that lists all open IM tabs and allows you to jump to one particular one

Put "IM:" in front of the object IM's in local chat (and therefore in history, otherwise you don't know if it was a local chat by a object or a text IM)

a chat entry bar in the chat history window (makes the chat history window opaque while you type instead of translucent, also allows for turning off of the chat bar

Add a get uuid button upon viewing a full profile. Add to group button would also be nice there.

Of all of these I think the more two important ones are Auto responder and the labeling of object IM's in chat history. But I find them all wonderful in Imprudence and use them all the time.

2012-03-21 03:20:25

DBDigital Epsilon wrote:
I have looked though a few of the feature requests and I didn't see any of the ones I am about to mention so forgive me if it has been mentioned in the past but declined:

Auto responder.....it would respond to a person's IM with a predetermined response. Advantage: it wouldn't block object IM's, inventory offers, etc like busy mode does simply send a text response.
The Busy mode does not block object IMs (those appear in chat). The Cool VL Viewer also lets you the choice to block inventory offers or not while busy. The setting is in the Notifications tab of the Preferences floater, under "Inventory offers" ("Automatically reject when busy" check box). To auto respond, you can therefore uncheck that setting, and set yourself busy. There is no need for yet another "half-busy" setting...

Quote:
Ability to turn off group chat for certain groups so that it doesn't auto open unless you start it.
The Cool VL Viewer already entitles you to suppress group chat on a per-group basis, either from the "General" tab of the group information floater, or (from v1.26.4.4 onwards) from the Groups floater, via the chat check box for each listed group.

Quote:
Add a button on the IM button that lists all open IM tabs and allows you to jump to one particular one
I hate "fly out" buttons, and would rather not use another.

Quote:
Put "IM:" in front of the object IM's in local chat (and therefore in history, otherwise you don't know if it was a local chat by a object or a text IM)
You can already make the distinction between IMs (including object IMs), objects llOwnerSay(), objects llRegionSay() and objects chat via the color of the text in the chat console and history: simply configure the colors from the Preferences floater, "Text Chat" tab. Adding an "IM:" prefix would break the object ability to make it look like what they IM to you was emoted (great to get roleplay-like reports from objects).

Quote:
a chat entry bar in the chat history window (makes the chat history window opaque while you type instead of translucent, also allows for turning off of the chat bar
You can already have it: "Preferences" floater -> "Cool features" tab -> "User Interface" sub-tab, un-check "Use the old style Chat history" and restart the viewer.

Quote:
Add a get uuid button upon viewing a full profile.
What for ?... The UUID is already presented in the "My Notes" tab of the profile floater, as "Avatar key", and you may perfectly copy it from there.

Quote:
Add to group button would also be nice there.
Add to which group ?... You get me a bit puzzled here... the profile floater got nothing to do with any given group.

Quote:
Of all of these I think the more two important ones are Auto responder and the labeling of object IM's in chat history. But I find them all wonderful in Imprudence and use them all the time.
The Cool VL Viewer is not Imprudence, neither Phoenix, neither any other viewer (most of which are on the contrary reusing large chunks of code I wrote for/ported to the Cool VL Viewer, such as Alpha & Tattoo support, Inventory links, multiple attachments per points, mesh support, group titles floater, etc, etc..). The Cool VL Viewer does things its own way, and since it was there (long) before all other still maintained TPVs (and many no more maintained ones, such as Imprudence), this way often differs from other viewers'. I'm not going to adopt other viewers' ways of doing things, sorry. I only adopt/implement features that I deem myself useful, and I implement them in the way I deem most useful/logical/efficient/handy. If you come from another viewer, then you have to adapt to the Cool VL Viewer, not the other way around...

2012-03-21 08:22:59
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
DBDigital Epsilon wrote:

Auto responder.....it would respond to a person's IM with a predetermined response. Advantage: it wouldn't block object IM's, inventory offers, etc like busy mode does simply send a text response.
The Busy mode does not block object IMs (those appear in chat). The Cool VL Viewer also lets you the choice to block inventory offers or not while busy. The setting is in the Notifications tab of the Preferences floater, under "Inventory offers" ("Automatically reject when busy" check box). To auto respond, you can therefore uncheck that setting, and set yourself busy. There is no need for yet another "half-busy" setting...

Ah I did notice the setting was not sure if that would do it or not as most "busy modes" block all object IM's as well as inventory.

Quote:
The Cool VL Viewer already entitles you to suppress group chat on a per-group basis, either from the "General" tab of the group information floater, or (from v1.26.4.4 onwards) from the Groups floater, via the chat check box for each listed group.

Hmmm I somehow missed that, my apologies.

Quote:
I hate "fly out" buttons, and would rather not use another.

Ok understandable. I found this one useful but to each their own. :)

Quote:
You can already make the distinction between IMs (including object IMs), objects llOwnerSay(), objects llRegionSay() and objects chat via the color of the text in the chat console and history: simply configure the colors from the Preferences floater, "Text Chat" tab. Adding an "IM:" prefix would break the object ability to make it look like what they IM to you was emoted (great to get roleplay-like reports from objects).

Hmm yes I knew you could make the chat different colors. However in the actual text log there is no way to tell (at least I am not seeing colors in the chat.txt file and to my knowledge a .txt file does not store such information). I understand that it would break some object chatting systems for roleplay, perhaps add it as a "cool feature" that can be turned on and off in preferences?

Quote:
You can already have it: "Preferences" floater -> "Cool features" tab -> "User Interface" sub-tab, un-check "Use the old style Chat history" and restart the viewer.

My apologies again, it would seem I should have studied the "cool features" more closely.

Quote:
Add a get uuid button upon viewing a full profile.
What for ?... The UUID is already presented in the "My Notes" tab of the profile floater, as "Avatar key", and you may perfectly copy it from there.

Ahh I didn't see it there. Figures I checked everywhere else but the "note" section. Of course the other way is searching via the web method then grabbing the key from the page given. But that is of course quite a bit slower.

Quote:
Add to group button would also be nice there.
Add to which group ?... You get me a bit puzzled here... the profile floater got nothing to do with any given group.

It would just pop up the group invite window. I found it very handy/faster to pull up the persons profile (usually already have it up anyway) and click a group invite button than pulling up the groups window, group info, members tab, invite button.

Quote:
The Cool VL Viewer is not Imprudence, neither Phoenix, neither any other viewer (most of which are on the contrary reusing large chunks of code I wrote for/ported to the Cool VL Viewer, such as Alpha & Tattoo support, Inventory links, multiple attachments per points, mesh support, group titles floater, etc, etc..). The Cool VL Viewer does things its own way, and since it was there (long) before all other still maintained TPVs (and many no more maintained ones, such as Imprudence), this way often differs from other viewers'. I'm not going to adopt other viewers' ways of doing things, sorry. I only adopt/implement features that I deem myself useful, and I implement them in the way I deem most useful/logical/efficient/handy. If you come from another viewer, then you have to adapt to the Cool VL Viewer, not the other way around...

I understand that and I was not suggesting otherwise. I know it is not another viewer. What I was suggesting was possible features that you might like to add and find handy. If you don't/don't like them then of course you are not going to add them. I am not trying to "twist your arm" in any way shape or form. Merely suggesting possible features I found useful elsewhere that you may not have seen. I do see that many of them you already had already implemented in a different location that I failed to see offhand. I did find much of the viewer features previous to this post but a few I somehow missed. And my apologies for it, and thereby asking questions I am sure you have responded to countless times.

2012-03-21 15:42:42
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]