Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 07:47:21

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Feature request: Grid neutral "failed to connect" 

Hallo Henri and others.

I've noticed that when I try to connect at a personal opensim server, one that has no start web page, during the connecting process the page that is shown is the standard "Cool/hot" picture, which is fine. However, if the connection fails (for example if the server is turned off), then Second Life's old page is shown, along with a message that prompts the user to check secondlife.com/status. While this is correct for Second Life, it is not for personal opensim servers (I suppose for other grids as well, though I don't have an account at those, so I don't know).

Perhaps at some later release you could have the viewer fall back to the standard "Cool/hot" picture with a message to check "the grid's status page, if one exists" or something similar grid-neutral?

It's such a minor thing, it doesn't affect usability one bit, yet it would be something nice to have.

Thanks in advance!

2012-06-05 17:42:23

g0rd0ngrfr33mailgr wrote:
However, if the connection fails (for example if the server is turned off), then Second Life's old page is shown
Nope. The login page reverts to the last successful connection info (name, password and grid). I'm afraid this can't be changed easily, and I fail to see any advantage in changing it...

2012-06-05 17:57:50
Profile WWW

Ah, I see. All right then. Thanks anyway :)

2012-06-05 18:10:32
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]