Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-25 00:54:06

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
CoolVL and its Features <3 

First off, this viewer is the Viewer who saved my SecondLife... i was about to leave SL, since all other Mesh viewers gave Me Horrible Framerates in a High power System.
so i wanna Say Thank you Henry for Saving my "Life" =)

What would be Interessting to me, are Other "Skins" planed ?
But the most Difficult thing to me...and it stays really a Pain, is the Local Chat in this viewer.
i started with V3/V2/FS and actually i cant handle the Chat :oops:
is there something planed in Future Updates ?
i would love to Have the Easier Chat option the IM look of my Old viewers ;__:

Here`s an Image of the Local and IM i am talking about.

Besides this little issue, the CoolVL is the Best coded Viewer...i have far over 70 FPS with and even over 30 with shadows enabled.
i dont know whats diffrent in all the other Mesh Viewers..but this one does it good !

sorry for my Weak english, and huggies :3

2012-07-20 16:06:45

NeroLunatic wrote:
First off, this viewer is the Viewer who saved my SecondLife... i was about to leave SL, since all other Mesh viewers gave Me Horrible Framerates in a High power System.
so i wanna Say Thank you Henry for Saving my "Life" =)

What would be Interessting to me, are Other "Skins" planed ?
I don't have the time to develop/adapt skins, but most v1-UI skins can be adapted provided they don't use custom menus (like the Silver skin which uses such menus). Search for "skin" in this forum and see what I already posted about it.

Quote:
But the most Difficult thing to me...and it stays really a Pain, is the Local Chat in this viewer.
i started with V3/V2/FS and actually i cant handle the Chat :oops:
is there something planed in Future Updates ?
I personally find v2/3's chat "toasts" perfectly ridiculous, cumbersome and useless and I certainly don't plan to implement them in the Cool VL Viewer ! Sorry...

Quote:
Besides this little issue, the CoolVL is the Best coded Viewer...i have far over 70 FPS with and even over 30 with shadows enabled.
i dont know whats diffrent in all the other Mesh Viewers..but this one does it good !
I simply do my best to optimize the code everywhere I can and I avoid bloat (v2/3 UI is particularly bloated and thus slower)...

2012-07-20 19:51:53
Profile WWW

Thank you for the fast response, henry :)
well, well... will get used to the chat...its all abou time. for sure, i will not change to other viewers anymore, since this one works unbelivable fast and stable :mrgreen:

2012-07-22 20:48:27

And yes, please no toasts! They are the most useless and annoying things I have ever seen implemented, besides the ridiculous windlight sky edit window in v3 clients. :P

2012-07-28 08:33:59

I have to agree , so far the viewer is faster . But would like to see the chat and ims back in the upper left hand corner of the screen like in the LL viewers. Also I cant seem to find double click teleport feature , that s a very handy feature.

Can you add also a ignore build limits for the open sim/INworldz sims?

we can make prims down to .001 mm and currently cant take them down to .01

thank you in advance

2012-11-01 01:46:47

You can enable teleport on double-click on the Preferences dialog. Press Ctrl-P to open the Preferences dialog, go to the "Input & Camera" tab, make sure you are on the "Input Controls" page of that tab, and then on the bottom you will find a "Double-click" section. Select "Teleport to double-clicked in-world location". Then click on Ok.

2012-11-01 08:55:11

Crystal wrote:
I have to agree , so far the viewer is faster . But would like to see the chat and ims back in the upper left hand corner of the screen like in the LL viewers.
??? you can move the chat and IM floaters anywhere on the screen and your chosen position will be remembered for next sessions... If you are referring to the "all in one" IM/chat floater, please see this post to learn how to get it.

Quote:
Also I cant seem to find double click teleport feature , that s a very handy feature.
You know, browsing the various tabs of the Preferences floater and reading the tooltips for each option helps finding the reply to such questions... :-P

Quote:
Can you add also a ignore build limits for the open sim/INworldz sims?
The build limits are already extended for OpenSim grids.

Quote:
we can make prims down to .001 mm and currently cant take them down to .01
I was not aware of this smaller limit (OpenSim developers seem to keep their custom features "secret" to the viewer developers... I never saw an OpenSim developer post in this forum or write and email to me, for example... They can't therefore complain that their grid get only a minimal support in most viewers).

I will implement configurable prim size limits for OpenSim in the next releases (should you configure them beyond the permitted limits, the edited objects will just snap back to the size limit anyway).

2012-11-01 10:41:13
Profile WWW

Henri,
OS Devs and others are not keeping "secrets" as such, just not the best at documenting things at times LOL. You do make a very good point though, which is, that there should be a Wiki Page pertinent to Viewer Developer's which outlines OpenSim Capabilities & Features that could and/or should be supported. That would make it much easier for any viewer dev to find what the differences / enhancements are.

OpenSim prim limits are from 0.001m to 256.0m and always has been.
Prims larger than 256x256x256 can be created but that requires a switch enabled within OpenSim ini files and is uncommon.
Hollows are supported up to 99%.
Linksets over 255 prims are supported (and used relative to the viewer allowing it). Hippo Viewer was the first to support this and it carried into OpenSim when it was developed.
Linksets can be linked beyond the 32m / 64m limit.

There has been a recent flurry of activity on the Scripting side of OpenSim and I will be publishing an update for the OSSL Patches for the Script Editing within the next day or two.

I'll see what I can get into the Wiki for the Viewer Dev pages, after some much needed coffee and pondering on how best to set that in.

WS

2012-11-01 15:10:19

WhiteStar wrote:
Henri,
OS Devs and others are not keeping "secrets" as such, just not the best at documenting things at times LOL.
It was ironic... Didn't you notice the quotes in my post around "secret" ?...

Quote:
OpenSim prim limits are from 0.001m to 256.0m and always has been. Prims larger than 256x256x256 can be created but that requires a switch enabled within OpenSim ini files and is uncommon.
The Cool VL Viewer already supported 256m prims in OpenSim. In the next releases, these two limits will be configurable via a debug setting for each.

Quote:
Hollows are supported up to 99%.
That's already supported in the Cool VL Viewer.

Quote:
Linksets over 255 prims are supported (and used relative to the viewer allowing it). Hippo Viewer was the first to support this and it carried into OpenSim when it was developed.
I'll see what can be done... Is there any known limit to the number of prims that you can link in OpenSim ?
Please, note that this limit (256, actually) is imposed by the scripted llMessageLinked() and ll[G/S]etLink*() functions (that can't talk to more than 255 children), so it would have to be checked in OpenSim for such a limitation...

Quote:
Linksets can be linked beyond the 32m / 64m limit.
This is a server-side limitation only. There is no limit set in the viewers for linking distance.

2012-11-01 16:39:49
Profile WWW

I understood the irony and hence why I also used the "secret". I used to spend far too many precious hours documenting material...

Quote:
I'll see what can be done... Is there any known limit to the number of prims that you can link in OpenSim ?
Please, note that this limit (256, actually) is imposed by the scripted llMessageLinked() and ll[G/S]etLink*() functions (that can't talk to more than 255 children), so it would have to be checked in OpenSim for such a limitation...

I have linked up to 1800 prims, covering an entire region (Sim in SL terms) without issue. For that I used Hippo Viewer and also used Imprudence to do so as well. Viewers have the prim limit of 255 prims within the codebase, I'd have to go hunting for it again to show it to you. On a quick peak: Line 106, \linden\indra\llcommon\indra_constants.h I know there is one or two other spots to adjust for it. I don;t have the Hippo Source handy anymore (I'm in the midst of changing over all my computers & servers ... transition is such a massive PITA.

As was & is, to link > 255 prims, you create linksets up to 255 prims. Once you have them grouped into sets, then you link in the extra sets creating a large linkset. I have just taken an hour while writting this and reviewed the OpenSim source and I cannot find any code to limit llFunctions to linkxsets > 255.

2012-11-02 01:29:32
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next