Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-16 16:21:33

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
CoolVL and its Features <3 

WhiteStar wrote:
On a quick peak: Line 106, \linden\indra\llcommon\indra_constants.h I know there is one or two other spots to adjust for it.
*chuckles* I know where to change the code, thank you (I'm probably one of the few persons that did read and worked on the *whole* code of the viewer, over the 5+ years I've been working on it): the actual place where linking is done and where the prims limit is enforced is in llselectmgr.cpp (it used to be in llfloatertools.cpp in older viewers, IIRC); no, my question was about OpenSim servers actual limitations so to avoid implementing something in the viewer that could cause troubles on them.

Quote:
As was & is, to link > 255 prims, you create linksets up to 255 prims. Once you have them grouped into sets, then you link in the extra sets creating a large linkset. I have just taken an hour while writting this and reviewed the OpenSim source and I cannot find any code to limit llFunctions to linkxsets > 255.
Seems OK, then, but did you actually try and run scripts in large (> 256 prims) linksets in OpenSim ?

2012-11-02 09:42:54
Profile WWW

Quote:
Quote:
As was & is, to link > 255 prims, you create linksets up to 255 prims. Once you have them grouped into sets, then you link in the extra sets creating a large linkset. I have just taken an hour while writting this and reviewed the OpenSim source and I cannot find any code to limit llFunctions to linkxsets > 255.

Seems OK, then, but did you actually try and run scripts in large (> 256 prims) linksets in OpenSim ?

Yes, I currently have some houses & an office building which are 396, 520, & 600-700 prims each on Region. They all have linked doors & linked lighting systems (scripted control interfaces) and all operate without issues or delays. I did have some issues previously but those were resolved over that past year with some of the OpenSim refactoring that Justin Casey-Clark did.

I have 2 other questions for you... do you use a code repository like Github, Bitbucket ?
Have you seen, heard of or used HPA Backup ?

HPA is a hybrid backup system which also encapsulates prim contents like scripts, notecards, textures but not objects within objects. I'm not certain it could coexist with XML backup in teh viewer, possibly could (which would be amazing) but HPA has the advantage of sull backup & objects contents which XML can't handle.
Presently Angstrom (V3 based) bas HPA, a version of Astra (based off Singularity) have it. Seems there may be issues with the licencing (the nightmare we all have to endure) but I'm not 100% certain on licence issues, other than they give me migrain headaches.

In case your interested in having a quick peek, I think the code is "fair" but likely could use some delicate loving to improve it. Your special brand of je ne ces't quoi, :)
Here is Angstrom on BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/nhede/angstrom/src
Here is the HPA stuff in it: https://bitbucket.org/nhede/angstrom/changesets/tip/HPA

Thanks Henri, keep up the most excellent work.
WS

2012-11-02 15:52:55
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2