Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 09:09:48

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
add to outfit on folders 

I got back to cool after a while and I'm not sure this behavior is intentional or not, the viewer I was using had RLVa and not RLV anyway I noticed somethign a bit anoying
I enabled the wear option but it still does not alow add to outfit or replace outfit on folders, I used this a lot to quickly put on outfits in the #RLV folder, any change it can be enabled when alow wear is enabled? or am I missing something.

ps I'm using cool vl 1.25.0 (1) windoze

2010-08-22 15:03:14

This is intentional. The problem with the "add to outfit" option is that when locked items got kicked in the process, they must be reattached, and reattaching them too quickly makes them loose the changes they went through before being detached (and most notably the scripts states). This is because of a well known SL bug.

Marine then decided to disable "Add to outfit" and "Replace outfit" while at least one item is locked on your avatar.

The Cool VL Viewer works around this problem for "Wear", by starting a timer (configurable via a debug setting and defaulting to 15s) and reattaching the kicked item only after the timer has elapsed, thus not triggering the bug. However, this method won't work for multiple kicked attachments (since you never know when a given attachment is actually kicked by another that just rezzed: this depends too much on lag), thus why I didn't re-enable the "Add to outfit" and "Replace outfit" options. These will only be enabled after LL fixes this nasty bug of theirs.

2010-08-22 15:30:12
Profile WWW

ok, thanks. guess I was lucky that bug never bit me on the RLVa based viewer, I'm not sure LL wil fix it soon, afterall it only regulary effects RLV items and untill they embrase RLV in their own viewer they have no reason to fix it.

2010-08-22 15:41:58

No, this doesn't just affect RLV, but any item that you would detach and reattach "too fast" (i.e. within 3s to about 15s, depending on the grid and asset server lag).

2010-08-22 15:44:22
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]