Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-24 16:37:34

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Feature Request: Z correction 

I sure do hate all the floating animations. I used to spend a lot of time and effort to get animations made for taller avatars. Things like kneels and so on meant for one avatar. Someone showed me Emerald's Z correction to get the floating user back down onto the ground where they belong.
Could we have that please?
Keep up the good work.

2010-03-26 22:14:33

The problem is that each animation needs its own Z correction, meaning you'd have to change this parameter each time you change the animation... Your best bet is to use scripted devices which allow to adjust or auto-correct the height of the animation. The next version of the Cool Collar will implement this, for example.

2010-03-28 00:32:08
Profile WWW

I'd be happy to recorrect each time, actually. It saves on trying to reinvent the wheel. I've spent three years collecting the stuff to make a proper sub male collar so I can't really switch at this point. If it's not major work, it'd be good to see as another option and it saves people money to have a quick fix. Basically, any good tool is good to have because SL is so quirky and glitch-prone. The more ammo we have to work around problems, the more immersive the scene in the end.

2010-03-28 06:05:47

This feature is implemented in today's release in a different way than Emerald's however, since the latter doesn't allow real time adjustments (it requires editing your appearance to send the changes to the sim server), which pretty much defeats its very advertised purpose, and allows changing the X and Y bounding box size (which makes strictly no sense and could be dangerously abused for griefing purpose: imagine someone with a 10m wide bounding box on their Av and walking around in a crowd, for example...).

The Cool VL Viewer therefore implements Z offset (actually, bounding box size) adjustments in real time (each change is propagated immediately to the server), and provides an easy/fast way to change it via a new spinner in the movement controls floater. Note also that this setting is volatile (it is not preserved over sessions, unlike in Emerald), since it is only relevant to a given animation and makes no sense whatsoever to keep after the animation is stopped...

Enjoy ! :)

2010-06-23 10:11:54
Profile WWW

I know this is a bit nit picky but could you put the letter "Z" next to the Z position adjuster...I had no idea that was what it was until I read this forum...I originally thought it was a quick way to put in an elevation to fly to - some kind of speed flight device or tp upward Hahahaha!

2010-08-25 15:20:29

There is no room for a label, beside, there is a tooltip for the spinner, which explains what it is used for...

2010-08-26 20:14:13
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]