Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-19 06:49:58

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Where has 'Wear' gone? 

Almost every one of my prim attachments I can no longer 'Right Click > Wear' from the drop down context menu. The 'Wear' option at the bottom of the menu is almost always greyed out. This is very very annoying when you're a prim avatar such as myself. Every piece of me is comprised of a prim! Why has this simple functionality been taken away?? Yes I can 'Right Click > Attach to > {pick an attachment point}' but this is extremely aggravating trying to remember what attachment points the item is setup to hook too etc, etc, when a few days ago I could just simply click on the now greyed out 'Wear' option in the inventory context menu.

I beg for a fix to this!

Govern.

2010-08-23 07:21:15

The reason why "Wear" is greyed out is because you are wearing a locked RestrainedLove attachment. "Wear" may accidentally kick such attachments, thus why it is disabled as soon one attachment gets locked, with the exception of objects containing the name of their attachment point in their name (for example, if you got a collar named "My Collar (spine)", you may still "Wear" it as long as no locked attachment is worn on your avatar's spine).

The Cool VL Viewer however implements an auto-reattach feature for locked attachments, and if you don't care about possible failures to auto-reattach when SL is experiencing asset server issues, then you may re-enable "Wear", via the "Advanced" --> "RestrainedLove" --> "Allow Wear" toggle (if the Advanced menu doesn't show in the menu bar, press ALT CTRL D to enable it).

Note however that the scripter of a RestrainedLove object may decide to make the latter issue a @defaultwear=n command, in which case, "Wear" is disabled again (see the RestrainedLove API specifications for @defaultwear).

Please see also this post about "Add to outfit" and "Replace outfit".

2010-08-23 07:54:33
Profile WWW

Oi, this RLV stuff is silly. Okay thank you for the tip, I noticed some things I could still wear and they probably did have (spine) or (left hard) or whatever, I just started using RLV by request to be sure one attachment doesn't get taken off, even though I wouldn't take it off! *throws hands in the air*. I always thought RLV was silly from the start, and my opinion hasn't changed. Anyway, to each their own.

2010-08-23 12:49:25

You are not forced to use RestrainedLove and may disable it at any time (takes effect after a viewer restart).

2010-08-23 13:26:19
Profile WWW

No, but I get nagged if I don't have it on when they do some @version command to see if it's running or not. :roll:

2010-08-23 13:30:57

Good news: after giving it another try, and thanks to the changes I did a while ago to the auto-reattach feature for "Wear" (Marine's original code didn't work properly), I managed to make "Add to Outfit" and "Replace Outfit" also work (kicked locked items get properly reattached). However, since this is still a feature which depends heavily on the asset server good will (or lack thereof, when it lags badly), this feature is disabled by default and you must explicitly enable it via the Advanced -> RestrainedLove menu.

2010-08-29 13:09:25
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]