Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 13:02:59

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Automatic windlight settings? 

Hello,
the phoenix has automated windlight settings, which means if you put an info in the land description your windlight settings are set like the owner of the land wanted it. This is a great feature for dark sims or steampunk themed sims. Maybe you can put this feature in the cool viewer?

2011-01-08 15:31:45

I'm still hoping to get 'parcel media identification' before getting changeable preset windlight settings.

2011-01-09 15:06:49

I'd like to vote for this feature - extremely useful in setting moods on sims. Last thing I want before escaping Firestorm... ;P

2013-02-28 11:56:09

The (dirty) hack implemented in Phoenix will not be ported to the Cool VL Viewer.

The Windlight parcel settings feature implemented in LL's official viewer will eventually make its way to the Cool VL Viewer, when I will feel like it and will find some time to loose on this (I personally don't use at all the Windlight settings and always keep my viewer set on "Midday" settings: mind you, I like to see clearly what's happening in the virtual world and I don't like having the objects colors affected by non-midday settings... also, the day cycle changes way too fast in SL to reflect the role-play time scale (which is actually slower than the RL time scale, since you must type what you would otherwise just act out and say in real time), so it's pretty ridiculous to see the screen go from midday to midnight when only the equivalent of one hour has been exhausted in the role-play time scale).

2013-02-28 14:32:42
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
The (dirty) hack implemented in Phoenix will not be ported to the Cool VL Viewer.

The Windlight parcel settings feature implemented in LL's official viewer will eventually make its way to the Cool VL Viewer, when I will feel like it and will find some time to loose on this (I personally don't use at all the Windlight settings and always keep my viewer set on "Midday" settings: mind you, I like to see clearly what's happening in the virtual world and I don't like having the objects colors affected by non-midday settings... also, the day cycle changes way too fast in SL to reflect the role-play time scale (which is actually slower than the RL time scale, since you must type what you would otherwise just act out and say in real time), so it's pretty ridiculous to see the screen go from midday to midnight when only the equivalent of one hour has been exhausted in the role-play time scale).

Thank you for the response, however what are the official parcel features you are talking about. I am only aware of region-wide settings. In addition, I can appreciate that you personally prefer a particular setting, but in my estates there are parcels that are beaches which have appropriate lighting, next to a forest where it is raining and the settings are fog. In addition the firestorm hack allows altitude based settings as well so the ground settings don't affect skybox residents. Adding the feature wouldn't change your experience at all.

It isn't ideal, but it is terribly useful. Do you have information on how the official viewer sets per-parcel windlight?

2013-02-28 15:01:26

Parcel, region, whatever... I'm not using them and not needing them. Only the official feature may make its way, when I'll feel like it.

2013-02-28 15:04:13
Profile WWW

I've been told that Estate-level Windlight presets are now available in the Official SL Viewer. Although I'm aware that LL has been keeping TPV's hopping with SSAB, and Materials, it would be nice to get this too.

2013-04-29 03:43:05

Personally, I spend 90+% of my time on Midday or Sunset, simply because they are the only settings that have keyboard shortcuts...

2013-04-29 22:19:03

After each update of Cool VL Viewer I set the windlight fix to what I want by

- World / Environment Settings / Day Cycle Editor
- Use "Delete Key" Until only 1 key is left
- Set the "Key Preset" to the WL setting I want
- "Save test Day"

That way I always have my favourite WL setting all the time right after login. :-)

Cool VL Viewer ist always resetting that on update, whyever. So need to fix it weekly...

2013-04-30 16:46:45

Hi. I like the Cool VL Viewer but I have a region hosted on my laptop in Osgrid. And for my region I have Lightshare enabled . I don't see my settings with Cool VL Viewer. Please add this function by default.
I use this tool from this clip. The clip is not mine. I hope I will see this function in a next experimental Cool VL Viewer alongside with the Materials.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNmC-fstDAk
I want to thank you for implementing the Materials function. Is very useful.

2013-09-24 13:29:22
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next