Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 11:23:18

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Discussion about the Cool VL Viewer roadmap 

I am chomping at the bit to show off mesh capable Cool VL 1.26.1....and yes, I understand that it will be practically V2 under the hood with the V1 UI sitting on top of it, but boy it will sure be nice to see some of those Firestorm / SLV 2.x devs and their rabid supporters lose a little of their arrogance.

2011-07-17 22:07:27

Well, Heck ! Oz Linden apparently thinks they will roll out Mesh in a matter of days rather than weeks from now. My guess is they will have to roll it out and roll it back in for a few weeks...but apparently it is coming sooner than expected.

2011-07-20 02:02:26

With Mesh, the ability to have multiple clothing layers (multiple tattoos, multiple alphas) is more of a requirement now. As example, my female alt, is wearing three separate meshes and each has it's own alpha layer requirement. I cannot wear the outfit in Cool VL.

2011-09-21 03:23:23

gmcclel wrote:
With Mesh, the ability to have multiple clothing layers (multiple tattoos, multiple alphas) is more of a requirement now.
This will be the next "big feature" to come to the Cool VL Viewer but I want to get the Mesh branch in a stable state (v1.26.2) before working on that.

Quote:
As example, my female alt, is wearing three separate meshes and each has it's own alpha layer requirement. I cannot wear the outfit in Cool VL.
You can: just create a combined Alpha wearable for that outfit. Creating an Alpha wearable yourself is not hard at all and I described the process in this message.

2011-09-21 06:57:43
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
This will be the next "big feature" to come to the Cool VL Viewer but I want to get the Mesh branch in a stable state (v1.26.2) before working on that.

Thanks Henri! Love your work!

2011-09-26 13:22:15

I am curious as to why the viewer has to wait for the Mesh Upload capability (open source convex decomposition library) before adding features such as multi-layer clothing and tattoo, parcel music ID, etc, to it ?

2011-10-14 17:42:03

Lord wrote:
I am curious as to why the viewer has to wait for the Mesh Upload capability (open source convex decomposition library) before adding features such as multi-layer clothing and tattoo, parcel music ID, etc, to it ?
Because I always prioritize my work...

Mandatory changes come first, and full Mesh support is mandatory for keeping up with viewer 3.

Multi-layered clothing is in no way mandatory (in fact, but for tattoos and alphas, it's pretty useless a feature, and both tattoos and alphas can be easily combined at the texture level to make for the absence of multi-layers). It's however a "nice to have" feature, especially for newbies and people who don't know how to create new tattoos and alphas by themselves.

Parcel music Id is not even "nice to have" in my view. Merely a gadget that I will consider adding only if I find time to do it and if I'm confident enough that it won't break something else and/or slow down the viewer.

2011-10-14 18:00:02
Profile WWW

About multiple tattoo-layers... Female skins sometimes come as a base-skin plus several tattoo-layers. So you can select from different eyebrow-colors and -shapes (first tattoo-layer) and select from multiple makeups (second tattoo-layer). And if you also want to wear a real tattoo you may need a third tattoo-layer if the tattoo doesn't come on underwear-layer or if you need that for something else. For example the lower part of a tucked-in shirt is usually worn on the underpants layer.

I've already run-out of clothing-layers a few times meaning that I couldn't wear the combination of skin and clothes that I wanted to.

Yes, if you have the actual textures, then you can fix it yourself. But in most cases you don't have the textures, just the finished product.

I do understand that you have to set priorities for your work. I agree that using/viewing mesh had the highest priority and you did phantastic work to achieve that. I just disagree in this case, as for me personally multiple clothing-layers have a higher priority than mesh-upload.

2011-10-14 22:20:11

Quote:
Multi-layered clothing is in no way mandatory (in fact, but for tattoos and alphas, it's pretty useless a feature...

I swung by looking to see if multiple alpha layers was supported. I gather by that statement that it's not. Well, just because you consider a feature useless, doesn't mean there aren't other people who consider it invaluable.

For the ladies, multiple tattoo layers are pretty invaluable for the example Nicholette gave. Maybe not so much for the men in that case...but you never know.

I know you're working on completing the mesh import, I just wanted to toss my 2 cents in.

2011-11-09 10:16:52

Alexandra.Rucker wrote:
Quote:
Multi-layered clothing is in no way mandatory (in fact, but for tattoos and alphas, it's pretty useless a feature...

I swung by looking to see if multiple alpha layers was supported. I gather by that statement that it's not. Well, just because you consider a feature useless, doesn't mean there aren't other people who consider it invaluable.

For the ladies, multiple tattoo layers are pretty invaluable for the example Nicholette gave. Maybe not so much for the men in that case...but you never know.

I know you're working on completing the mesh import, I just wanted to toss my 2 cents in.

Please, read before criticizing: I did write "but for tattoos and alphas"...

2011-11-09 14:02:06
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next