Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 16:29:19

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
VOICE NOT WORKING -Windows: CoolVLViewer-1.26.4.3 2012-03-10 

I just installed the Windows: CoolVLViewer-1.26.4.3-Windows-Setup.exe (2012-03-10, 34Mb)
I had the previous version which was BETA which had started becoming blurry when looking at avatars, or display items for sale. I would actually have to alt left click on the blurry object an scroll in & out for it to become clear. There was also so 'flicker' in the background like the sky. Also at certain angles I would see a black screen.

So I downloaded the above. Everything else was working beautiful. Voice, mesh view, add items. I only decided to dl the latest hopeing the blurriness would go away. All the other stuff was no big deal. I just wanted to see things clearly.

It does not recognize my voice device at first. I click on n off the activate voice. Then click on device and it takes forever to recognize it.
After 15 minutes my voice starts working.
Well of course I got tired of this and found the previous version of CV and went back to the blurriness of it.

I am using usb headset & mic. I have windows 7 Home Premium
HP
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40GHZ 2.40 ghZ
4.00 GB
64 BIT Operating System
You mentioned attachin some file/log so you could investigate, but I am not quite sure how to find the file/log.

Do you have any suggestion on how I can get the voice to work on the latest version of CV ? IT IS AWESOME AND WANT TO use it, but can not deal with the voice not working properly.
For now... it's blur vill with the beta version.

Thanks for creating the viewer..it is AWESOME!

Dey

2012-03-16 02:47:09
Profile YIM

deyjavu wrote:
I just installed the Windows: CoolVLViewer-1.26.4.3-Windows-Setup.exe (2012-03-10, 34Mb)
I had the previous version which was BETA which had started becoming blurry when looking at avatars, or display items for sale. I would actually have to alt left click on the blurry object an scroll in & out for it to become clear. There was also so 'flicker' in the background like the sky. Also at certain angles I would see a black screen.

So I downloaded the above. Everything else was working beautiful. Voice, mesh view, add items. I only decided to dl the latest hopeing the blurriness would go away. All the other stuff was no big deal. I just wanted to see things clearly.
The blurring of textures happens when your memory gets low: instead of crashing like many other viewers do, the Cool VL Viewer forces a lower definition on textures to save memory. This is in no way a bug and nothing changed on that account between v1.26.0 and v1.26.4.

Quote:
It does not recognize my voice device at first. I click on n off the activate voice. Then click on device and it takes forever to recognize it.
After 15 minutes my voice starts working.
Well of course I got tired of this and found the previous version of CV and went back to the blurriness of it.

I am using usb headset & mic. I have windows 7 Home Premium
HP
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M370 @ 2.40GHZ 2.40 ghZ
4.00 GB
64 BIT Operating System
You mentioned attachin some file/log so you could investigate, but I am not quite sure how to find the file/log.
The explanations in the rules for this forum got a link to the SL Wiki, where you will find the location of the logs for the various operating systems.

Quote:
Do you have any suggestion on how I can get the voice to work on the latest version of CV ?
I indeed found an issue with voice and v1.26.4.3 and v1.26.2.21. It will be fixed in the next releases (to be published today or tomorrow). I didn't notice it at first because I don't use voice and when I tested the changes I made to voice, I activated it *after* logging in for the duration of the tests then deactivated it again, and in this case it works just fine. The work around for v1.26.2.21 and v1.26.4.3 is therefore to deactivate voice from the login screen, then log in, then activate voice again.

2012-03-16 09:01:33
Profile WWW

Thanks for the QUICK response! Good to know the blurry comes from memory loss. I will makes sure to make adjustments for that!

I can't wait for the update!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! LUV the CV! :D

2012-03-16 11:30:09
Profile YIM

Fixed in today's releases (v1.26.2.22 and v1.26.4.4).

2012-03-17 16:23:28
Profile WWW

Still have a bit of an issue.

I have a work around.
I tried turning the voice off before logging in. I try to go to private chat. The "active" box that appears does not show the other user on voice there.But they are on mic.

And my 'voice' button is not active (it's gray)
So I close the private chat, go to local, then the voice button is active.
I also found when it did not look active, in fact it was. (it was gray, but if i clicked on it, the green light lit up)
The voice will come on after a bit.

Also, on the "IM tab"near me" chat window, there is not space to type in the chat window. On the previous version I had this issue until I unchecked the show im's in vertical . It is not working this time at all.

All in all it seem to work even faster now! An even though u said my memory cause the blurry items, there are none now. I did stop some items running in the background. N it shows i am mostly only usin 23% memomy with CV.

BUT still, I LUV CV. Do not think I don't when I post these little things here. Just trying to help you be aware of what i come across!

Thanks againn!

Attachments:
File comment: Snip it view of the IM chat window an no area to type in "near me" tab
a.No Place to type compressed.JPG
a.No Place to type compressed.JPG [ 27.78 KiB | Viewed 1955 times ]
2012-03-18 04:59:20
Profile YIM

deyjavu wrote:
Still have a bit of an issue.
The bug was fixed (I just tested it again, to be sure), so if you still have an issue, it's probably something else... Note that voice service is ran by another provider than LL, and may sometimes have glitches or go off...

Quote:
I have a work around.
I tried turning the voice off before logging in. I try to go to private chat. The "active" box that appears does not show the other user on voice there.But they are on mic.
I don't have a single clue about what you are speaking about... Please, give precise repro steps as well as the logs. Also, be aware that the "Active speakers" (if it is what you are speaking about) list is not filling up instantaneously: it may take several seconds to one or two minutes to fill up, depending on how fast SL is replying to the viewer to name requests and on how many speakers are around.

Quote:
And my 'voice' button is not active (it's gray)
So I close the private chat, go to local, then the voice button is active.
I also found when it did not look active, in fact it was. (it was gray, but if i clicked on it, the green light lit up)
The voice will come on after a bit.
Again, there are delays that are absolutely normal (the voice client must connect to the voice server, which itself might take some time to respond, depending on its own lag). Again, without the logs, it's impossible to say if you encountered a bug or just normal delays...

Quote:
Also, on the "IM tab"near me" chat window, there is not space to type in the chat window. On the previous version I had this issue until I unchecked the show im's in vertical . It is not working this time at all.
This has nothing to do with voice... To get the chat input line, simply uncheck "Use the old style chat history" box in the "Preferences" floater, "Cool features", "User Interface" sub-tab, and restart the viewer.

Quote:
All in all it seem to work even faster now! An even though u said my memory cause the blurry items, there are none now.
Nothing changed on that account between v1.26.3 and v1.26.4, so if you see things differently on your system, it's something to do with your system (new drivers ?), or different settings in use (for memory exhaustion and blurry textures, it could happen sooner if the "Advanced" -> "Allow Swapping" setting is unchecked).

Quote:
I did stop some items running in the background. N it shows i am mostly only usin 23% memomy with CV.
On 64bits systems (or on 32bits systems with PAE) that got over 4Gb of RAM, you can still run out of memory in the viewer (or any 32bits application) when reaching 4Gb (3Gb on 32bits systems with PAE since 1Gb is reserved to the OS on them) of used virtual space (this is because 32bits applications can't address more than 4Gb). The Cool VL Viewer got a memory usage indicator in the status bar: when it turns yellow, the viewer starts increasing the "discard level" for textures, meaning some textures will blur a bit (but if there's a texture you want to see at full resolution, you can still hover the mouse pointer on the object that uses this texture to get it to load fully). This was explained in details in this thread.

Quote:
BUT still, I LUV CV. Do not think I don't when I post these little things here. Just trying to help you be aware of what i come across!
If you want to help, please do check for the replies I already gave in the forum (here, both the chat input line and memory stuff have already been dealt with and explained in the FAQ and general help forum): I hate repeating myself and loosing my time doing so (the more time lost replying again and again to the same questions and the less time is left for me to address true issues and to code the viewer)...

2012-03-18 08:49:23
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]