Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 21:07:35

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Feature request: Move/Minimise notice window 

Hallo Henri!

Would it be possible to add a feature to move around and/or minimise a notice window? Some times an interesting notice would come and it would hide part of the screen, usually where my minimap resides :-)

Just a kind request :-)

Thanks!

2012-05-10 18:31:34

Yes, the fact notifications hide whatever floater is open at their position is one of the rare things that always bothered me in the v1 UI (I keep my camera and movements floaters in this corner of the window). For v1.26.4.12 I added a small status bar icon (at the right of the bar, next to the time, i.e. just above the notifications) that appears when notifications are awaiting for acknowledgement and that hides/shows them when clicked.

While I was at it I also moved the script error icon from the left to the right of the status bar, next to the new icon, since the script error icon had nothing to do with parcel flags and their associated icons on the left, before the parcel name.

2012-05-11 13:46:56
Profile WWW

Thank you, Henri. You rock!!

2012-05-11 13:58:16

I am a new user of Cool Viewer and I'm very happy with it. I was wondering if it was possible to save group notices that pop-up during a session. If I press OK, then the notice disappears. If I press the triangle on the top tool bar, the notices go out of view, but can be viewed again during the session. However, if I log out and log back in, the notices are gone. I like to save notices of events I might want to attend.

In SL Viewer, the notices are always there until I press ok. Am I missing something? It's the only feature I miss.

Thanks.

2012-05-16 03:31:31

Desertway wrote:
I am a new user of Cool Viewer and I'm very happy with it. I was wondering if it was possible to save group notices that pop-up during a session. If I press OK, then the notice disappears. .../... However, if I log out and log back in, the notices are gone.
This is the expected behaviour for v1-UI viewers.

Quote:
If I press the triangle on the top tool bar, the notices go out of view, but can be viewed again during the session.
The notice hiding feature was added in the Cool VL Viewer (it doesn't exist in the other v1-UI viewers) as a way to temporarily hide the notices so to get access to whatever floater is below them, and until you can deal with the said notices before logging out.

Quote:
I like to save notices of events I might want to attend.

In SL Viewer, the notices are always there until I press ok.
v2/3 viewers completely changed the way notices (and tips, IMs, script dialogs, inventory offers, invites, etc) are dealt with, thus the different behaviour. It would be possible to add a save and restore unread notices feature in the Cool VL Viewer, but it would be a very low priority task on my "To Do" list, so if I were you I won't hold my breath on it...
Note that you still can read past group notices from the groups themselves and can therefore find there a notice you skipped inadvertently (just open the corresponding Group Information floater and browse its Notices tab).

I might however add a warning/confirmation dialog for when you log out with still unacknowledged notices.

2012-05-16 09:37:06
Profile WWW

Past notices are available in the Group. There's a Notices Tab that saves them.

2012-05-16 11:17:51

Thank you both. I'm aware that group notices are available in group profiles...it would just require remembering which group notice I was "holding" :?

In any case, I'm sure I can somehow manage to put my laziness aside and simply make a note of future events. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an option.

I have an older laptop and Cool Viewer is allowing me to see richer graphics with less lag than any other viewer I have tried. Thank you!

2012-05-16 17:16:39

I just wanted to say THANK YOU Henri for the notification hide option. I have often though that LL's implementation of notifications (popups) in v2/v3 was a nice idea but flawed. It should give the option to leave notices up until clicked on instead of hiding them a few seconds later in a "envelope" icon.

The new system to click the yellow triangle at the top of the screen to hide them or show is the best of both worlds and gives us the option. There are times when I want to hide them all for awhile as but not just dismiss them as I need to take action on them later. And showing how many notifications that are waiting is also a great addition.

Again Henri, thank you.

2012-05-22 23:23:09
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]