Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-29 15:08:06

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
X et Y moddifiers 

I found out very funny to play with a "Petite" avatar. You know? those very tiny mesh avatar that are 0.4 tall. Anyway, every animation are misadjusted, not only in Z but also in X. There is the AvatarOffsetZ in the debug settings and it allows the adjustment in Z direction to be done. But there is no AvatarOffsetX and AvatarOffsetY. It would be a real grat improvement for my SL experience if I could have such additional modifiers along X and Y axis ^^

And... it would be even so comfy if those modifers could be adjusted by command line in the chat window or by using a slider :D

-----
Have Fun

2012-06-01 07:40:17

The said "offsets" are actually adjustments to the bounding box of the avatar which X and Y dimensions are not taken into account for animations (only the Z dimension is used, because it also affects the pelvis to foot length as calculated viewer side based on the (offset-corrected) height passed by the server, especially to compute the foot height over the floor: this is actually a hack that consists in fooling the server about the actual avatar height and using the data it returns to animate the said avatar in the viewers). The X and Y offsets have therefore no influence whatsoever on the animations being played.

I however implemented them as debug settings (AvatarOffsetX and AvatarOffsetY) in v1.24.4.16 (this will let you experiment with them and will certainly convince you in their total uselessness regarding animations).

Tiny (and macro) avatars require compatible animations (some standard animations are compatible already, such as the default "stand_1" and "stand_4" anims, but "stand_2" and "stand_3" are not because they rely on different hips joints positions), which take into account the different positions of the joints themselves (and no amount of offset correction would affect joints themselves).

2012-06-01 12:17:27
Profile WWW

mmm you are correct but I didnt explain well. What I mean is, because this box around avatar, tiny avi cant snuggle against each other. If I do send a hug to another, there will be a gap between the two avi. With other viewers such as singularity, this gap can be avoided by playing with the x modifier. It would be something I would love to see in Cool VL viewer back (since it was there in previous release).

meow;)

2012-06-01 21:31:37

Ruby94 wrote:
t would be something I would love to see in Cool VL viewer
It's there, in v1.26.4.16, as debug settings (like I explained above).

Quote:
back (since it was there in previous release).
Nope, never before today's release... only the Z offset existed since the others were pretty useless.

2012-06-01 21:53:38
Profile WWW

wooooww greeeaaat !!!

2012-06-02 09:30:30
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]