Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 14:14:47

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Edited object jumping at 0,0,0 when rotated 

Hello all,

I'm getting a very weird behaviour when I'm editing an object: sometimes, but not always, when I try to rotate it, the object jumps at position 0,0,0 in the current sim. Can hardly give steps to reproduce it as it doesn't happen all the time: I can edit it and everything works fine, and then try to rotate it just once in any direction, and it jumps. Not sure if it's important: just got the issue with a poseball I was editing while I was seated on it.

Did anybody else get this kind of issue? Since it seems to be related to rotating, I tried to turn off the UseNewTargetOmegaCode, but it apparently didn't change anything…

Thanks! :)

2012-11-08 07:32:26

It could be a server bug, but it's hard to tell without logs and a more descriptive report (how was the rotation edited when it happened: via the rotation handles or the spinners in the edit floater, or by entering numbers directly in the rotation fields ? what axis the prim was rotated around ? where was the prim (position) before it jumped to 0,0,0 ?... was it a single prim or a multi-prims object ?).

2012-11-08 09:19:29
Profile WWW

I'll try again and if I can reproduce it, I'll get the logs. As for your questions: it was a poseball, so just a single sphere with an anim and a little script in it, and I rotated it with the spinners. The problem happened several times, at least one with the X spinner and another one with the Y one. Not sure about the Z one, but I hardly had to use it for what I was doing. And originally, I was in my house so the position was something like 207, 173, 74. Quite 'usual' position I'd say, not on the edge of anything…

2012-11-08 13:23:55

I had the same within last 7 days, too. Either jumping to 0,0,0 or turning invisible on rightclick/edit until I leave edit. Haven't seen this for long. Still waiting for it to happen again so I can have a look at the debug console.

2012-11-09 17:26:05

Got it too yesterday. Thankfully I never let go of the object and cammed out to find it at 0,0,0 which was quite a bit away and thankfully the same parcel. :roll:

No log unfortunately, but it was Z-rotation in edit mode (with the coloured circles) of a 2-prim scripted towel to match a slope at ground level.
It ended up 90 degrees wrong, so it could be a communication issue with the server like for a couple of years ago.

2012-11-10 14:09:00

Hmm. Maybe that's why a couple objects have disappeared while editing. They have always come back within a minute or so though. I'm almost always too far from 0,0,0 to check if that's where it is but will try to find the object next time it happens. I just guessed it was server lag and ignored it.

2012-11-11 08:23:58

Ibrew Meads wrote:
Hmm. Maybe that's why a couple objects have disappeared while editing. They have always come back within a minute or so though. I'm almost always too far from 0,0,0 to check if that's where it is but will try to find the object next time it happens. I just guessed it was server lag and ignored it.
Well, it would be interesting to confirm this fact: if the objects "come back" to their position, then it's definitely not a viewer bug. So, if it happens again, please do wait a bit to see if it's just lag, before moving back the object manually.

I will also think of a way to bring back an edited object to the last "good" position via an advanced command...

2012-11-11 08:33:34
Profile WWW

Got the problem again, again with a poseball I was sitting on. Quit at once and got the log. I'm attaching it. Quite a few things happened before, but I've kept the whole log, since I don't know what can be relevant in it. The editing that caused the problem happened from around 12:03. The messages at 12:04:51 look particularly suspect to me. A division by 0 maybe? ;)

Attachments:
SecondLife.log.zip [27.54 KiB]
Downloaded 177 times
2012-11-16 12:34:14

ErikaThorkveld wrote:
Got the problem again, again with a poseball I was sitting on. Quit at once and got the log. I'm attaching it. Quite a few things happened before, but I've kept the whole log, since I don't know what can be relevant in it. The editing that caused the problem happened from around 12:03. The messages at 12:04:51 look particularly suspect to me. A division by 0 maybe? ;)
Indeed, there's a "NaN" appearing somewhere... Alas, the warning is unhelpful since it doesn't tell which version of setRotation() was called (there are 3) and it's hard to guess given the number of calls to setRotation()s in the code... I changed the warning for a more helpful one (allowing to tell which setRotation() version is affected) in the next releases.

In the mean time, three questions:
  • What method were you using to change the rotation of the object when it happened (the red/green/blue drag handles, the arrows of the rotation angles spinners in the edit floater, or a direct keyboard entry of the rotation numbers in the said spinners) ?
  • What were you rotating ? A single primitive, a mult-prim object and in the latter case, the whole object or just one prim in it, and in the latter case, the root prim or a child prim ?
  • Is UseNewTargetOmegaCode enabled (TRUE) or not in your viewer ?

2012-11-16 14:39:58
Profile WWW

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
What method were you using to change the rotation of the object when it happened (the red/green/blue drag handles, the arrows of the rotation angles spinners in the edit floater, or a direct keyboard entry of the rotation numbers in the said spinners) ?

The handles. As far as I could see, it doesn't happen with the spinners, nor with direct angle entry, but I have another problem here, since changing the values this way seem to have another behaviour than with the handles. What I was editing was a poseball while I was sitting on it, and if rotating the poseball with the handles rotated me too, it wasn't the case with the 2 other methods: the poseball turns, but not me… So the goal being to adjust the pose, I have to use the handles, or I don't see my adjustments.
Quote:
What were you rotating ? A single primitive, a mult-prim object and in the latter case, the whole object or just one prim in it, and in the latter case, the root prim or a child prim ?

A poseball, so a single spherical prim. Just had an animation and a script in it, but not sure that's important…
Quote:
Is UseNewTargetOmegaCode enabled (TRUE) or not in your viewer ?

The first time I got the problem, it was enabled. Since I had just seen another problem about rotation here, I tried to disable it, but it didn't change anything: the problem is still happening. With the log I sent, it was disabled (FALSE).

2012-11-16 21:02:48
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next