Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 22:56:25

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
A few notes ... 

Hello Henri, hi everyone,

first and foremost, Happy Holidays! :)

I recently noticed a minor annoyance, but I presume it's most likely a Linden thing as I'm using the COF ... there might be an off-by-one error when restoring outfits on relog for wearables of the same layer. When wearing 5 items of the same kind (which primarily happens with alphas on some of the more complex outfits) and relogging, only 4 get restored, and the viewer thinks it cannot add any more until an item is "worn" (and thus kicking all others on the same layer), after which you can work your way up to five again. Has anyone else observed that or is it a known issue possibly? I admit I haven't cross-checked with the official viewer yet. :oops:

Another question revolves around assigning keys. It seems I am either doing something seriously wrong, or the viewer completely ignores any changes to keys.ini or a newly created custom_keys.ini. Now, I know that the official viewer no longer uses these in favour of a new keys.xml, but I presume Cool VL Viewer still does, due to the classic UI? I'm somewhat confuddled there. :? Has anyone used these to make changes to the keyboard shortcuts lately?

Love,
Lia

2013-12-21 17:10:00

Post the logs, please...

2013-12-21 17:56:29
Profile WWW

Same here, Amalia, about the multiple attachments thing.

I usually don't attach more than 2 items at the same point. All the same, since I updated to the 1.26.10 (5) (I was on 1.26.8), each time I log, only one of the 2 is still here. I have to "re-add" them each time.

2013-12-25 10:22:48

jasmine Paolino wrote:

I usually don't attach more than 2 items at the same point. All the same, since I updated to the 1.26.10 (5) (I was on 1.26.8), each time I log, only one of the 2 is still here. I have to "re-add" them each time.
It may not be the same issue, as what I'm referring to are system clothing layers. So far I have not seen any issues with attachments (alas, that I can reproduce).

Attached a log re this issue. I'll run another test for the key assignment stuff soon-ish.

Regarding the log file, this is of a relog where I was wearing 5 alphas, only 4 of which got restored after the relog. Then tried to add the missing 5th several times, and eventually "wore" the missing one, which then bumped off all others which I then added back one by one. I didn't check meticulously, but I don't think the attempts resulted in any log entries.

Love,
Lia

Attachments:
File comment: Relog with 5 clothing layers.
201312232201.tar.bz2 [29.36 KiB]
Downloaded 155 times
2013-12-26 18:38:50

Amalia Illios wrote:
jasmine Paolino wrote:

It may not be the same issue, as what I'm referring to are system clothing layers.
It would indeed be a different issue altogether...

Quote:
So far I have not seen any issues with attachments (alas, that I can reproduce).
Same here, I've got no issue whatsoever with multiple attachments. Beside, both v1.26.8 and v1.26.10 share the exact same code for outfit management, inventory, viewer-server messaging, etc; they only differ by the renderer and face edit tool (materials support for v1.26.10, which v1.26.8 lacks) and by the selectable (with right click) particles feature in v1.26.10... For Jasmine, try copying the v1.26.8 settings (settings_coolvlviewer_1268.xml) over v1.26.10's (settings_coolvlviewer_12610.xml) and you should get the exact same behaviour with both viewers...
If you don't, please fill in a proper bug report (with the logs !!!) and use the debug feature of the viewer like so: from the login screen, click on the "Advanced" menu entry and select the "Debug tags" option, then in the Debug tags menu, scroll down and check the "InitialOutfit" tag, then log in as usual, wait for the viewer to report (as a blue notice in the bottom right corner) a fully restored outfit, then wait again one minute or so (more in case of heavy lag) to let SL the time to rez all the attachments. Finally, log out and post the log.

Amalia Illios wrote:
Attached a log re this issue. I'll run another test for the key assignment stuff soon-ish.

Regarding the log file, this is of a relog where I was wearing 5 alphas, only 4 of which got restored after the relog. Then tried to add the missing 5th several times, and eventually "wore" the missing one, which then bumped off all others which I then added back one by one. I didn't check meticulously, but I don't think the attempts resulted in any log entries.
I think I might have found the reason for your issue: you are using the outfit restoration from the COF, right ?... If the answer is yes and you don't see this problem happening when restoring from the outfit.xml file, then the bug is already fixed for next releases. If no, then please proceed as explained above and post another log.

As for the key assignment issue, I definitely need a relevant log as well as your modified keys.ini file. Note that there has been no change in how the keyboard is handled since I forked the viewer from Snowglobe v1.5 (so it's doubtful that a new bug could have crept in...).

2013-12-26 20:30:11
Profile WWW

Hello again Henri,

thank you for having a look at it.

Henri Beauchamp wrote:
I think I might have found the reason for your issue: you are using the outfit restoration from the COF, right ?... If the answer is yes and you don't see this problem happening when restoring from the outfit.xml file, then the bug is already fixed for next releases. If no, then please proceed as explained above and post another log.
Correct, as I stated in the initial post, I'm using the COF. I will try to give it a whirl with the XML variant as time permits.
Henri Beauchamp wrote:
As for the key assignment issue, I definitely need a relevant log as well as your modified keys.ini file. Note that there has been no change in how the keyboard is handled since I forked the viewer from Snowglobe v1.5 (so it's doubtful that a new bug could have crept in...).
Of course -- I had just pondered changing a few things around quickly for the first time in forever (probably 1.23.5ish :lol:) and was surprised it had no effect. I did cross-check the .ini a few times, but then gave up as it wasn't important enough to pursue at that point. I'll re-check sometime soon, again, as time permits and will of course provide you with the log and .ini.

I just tend to raise minor stuff to the community first to either have them confirmed or rebuked before following up on it in earnest. While it is lovely that you take care of all these things youself, I hate the idea of you wasting time on something minor where someone else might easily have set me straight or confirmed and deepened the problem analysis first.

Love,
Lia

2013-12-27 08:50:16
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]