Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 22:54:43

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Worn Inventory Floater Script Count ? 

I recently tried out the Catznip R11.0 Viewer, and it seems to be able to tell you what the script count of a worn item is in it's Worn part of the inventory...would this be possible in the Cool VL Viewer...as it helps decide what to ditch when you enter a script limiting parcel ?

2016-12-22 21:33:54

The inventory is not the right place for such info (it would introduce a burst of messages between viewer and server at each outfit change, and would require adding observers to inventory items for rezzed objects: a really bad and racy thing to do !).

The right place to look for such info is the Inspect floater. However, it was unnecessarily complicated/tricky to inspect an attachment worn on your own avatar in the Cool VL Viewer (you had to inspect an in-world, non-attached object first so to get the Inspect floater to open, then to click on the attachment you wanted to inspect), so, for the next release, I added an "Inspect" entry to the self-attachments pie menu (as well as other actions, such as "Backup" and avatar actions ("Titles...", "Groups...", etc) needed for full prim avatars, which I moved to a second level pie). I also added an "Inspect" entry to the context menu for worn inventory items, along the already existing "Edit" entry.

2016-12-23 14:17:39
Profile WWW

Thank you :) !

2016-12-24 05:31:42
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]