Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 09:56:09

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
HTML form input glitch 

There's a problem with typing in to text fields in HTML forms within the viewer.

If you type "Search" in to a text field, because "A" is bound to Home, you get "archSe"
(I imagine "D" may be bound to End, but that's less of a problem while typing usually)

Originally I thought it was just "Media on a prim" which didn't bother me much since I don't use it often to type things in.
But it also happens in Marketplace Search within the Search panel.

To reproduce: Open Search panel, go to Marketplace Search, type something with an "A" in it, in to a search field.

[Edit: On a French keyboard, I imagine the problem would exist with whichever keys replace "WASD" as direction keys, so "Q" will probably send your cursor far left, and "D" will probably send it far right]

2017-03-01 13:09:36

Cannot reproduce here...

Please, provide full information (logs, and copy/pasted text of the viewer "About" window).

2017-03-01 14:13:44
Profile WWW

Viewer information exactly the same as entered here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1754

Try inputting text in the "Merchants Stores" search box, since the standard search box attempts to guess what you want to type and sometimes manages to avoid the glitch.

Otherwise, and standard HTML text input field on media on a prim will have the same behaviour. (I haven't tried this on multi-line input boxes, so I don't know if "W/S" do anything weird with up and down).

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
gkrellShoot_2017-03-01_145630.jpg
gkrellShoot_2017-03-01_145630.jpg [ 20.09 KiB | Viewed 2034 times ]
2017-03-01 15:00:07

Also note: A viewer built with QtWebKit doesn't appear to have this problem.
Embedded browser: QtWebkit plugin v2.02.92249 (QtWebKit version 4.7.1)

2017-03-01 15:17:41

Mogsington wrote:
Viewer information exactly the same as entered here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1754

Try inputting text in the "Merchants Stores" search box, since the standard search box attempts to guess what you want to type and sometimes manages to avoid the glitch.

Otherwise, and standard HTML text input field on media on a prim will have the same behaviour. (I haven't tried this on multi-line input boxes, so I don't know if "W/S" do anything weird with up and down).

Screenshot attached.

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this issue here, and since you insist on not providing any log...

Your viewer info shows that you are using a self-compiled viewer: the next logical question is therefore: what happens if you use the official binaries I'm providing on this site ?

2017-03-01 18:35:06
Profile WWW

The exact same thing.

But hey don't worry about it. The touch bug, this, other oddities in the viewer, and frankly your attitude having just seen your reply to the touch bug error are enough to make me give up on Cool VL. You are obviously intent on maintaining your own viewer for your own purposes, including the omission of RLVa (even though again, no other viewer seems to have a problem implementing RLVa). Which is fine, and is totally your prerogative, it is after all your time being spent on it. However, unfortunately I find you to be rude and short tempered about doing so.

Good luck in the future with your project Henri.

2017-03-01 18:47:46

Mogsington wrote:
The exact same thing.

But hey don't worry about it. The touch bug, this, other oddities in the viewer, and frankly your attitude having just seen your reply to the touch bug error are enough to make me give up on Cool VL. You are obviously intent on maintaining your own viewer for your own purposes
How shocking ! I made a viewer for myself and dare sharing it for like-minded people to enjoy...
Obviously, you are not like-minded... which frankly nobody cares about.

Quote:
including the omission of RLVa (even though again, no other viewer seems to have a problem implementing RLVa). Which is fine, and is totally your prerogative, it is after all your time being spent on it. However, unfortunately I find you to be rude and short tempered about doing so.
RLVa is just a pale copy of Marine's true RLV that I was the very first TPV developer to adopt (and helped Marine debugging and further improving) and backport to my viewer, looooong before RLVa even existed.
I really don't see why I should replace the genuine RLV with RLVa, and mind you, in ten years, nobody among the users of my viewer requested such a silly thing so far !

Here again, your cluelessness is abyssal while your arrogance is out of proportions.

Quote:
Good luck in the future with your project Henri.

Good riddance and don't let the door hit your ass on your way out !

2017-03-01 20:18:13
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]