Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 11:32:28

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Minimap colour marking & IgnoreFinishAnimation 

Hi, i love that some of your debug settings still works for eg "pinginterpolate" hence why i am using this viewer its great.

I would like to request if you would implement minimap colour marking i could right click a group of people and label them red or pink or yellow etc

and also, a "Nimble" feature, or on other viewers i would type "IgnoreFinishAnimation" in debug settings and i can set it to true.

THANK YOU <33333333

2017-07-26 19:16:30

I already replied in the past that I won't implement mini-map avatar dots coloring beside what already exists (friends = yellow). That's because I don't want to bloat the viewer code, especially in time-critical sections, for feature few people would use, and half of the rest will find not implemented to their own liking...

However, I since implemented Lua scripting, and such a feature is a good candidate for it. So, I optimized the existing mini-map avatar dots coloring algorithm (colors are now cached for rezzed avatar instead of checking each time (i.e. each frame) wether they are among friends or not), and allowed to override that cached color via Lua. I also added an OnAvatarRezzing() event/callback to Lua, so that it'll be easy to color the dots when avatars rez. Together with the existing Lua features (e.g. the Lua pie menu, that you could define for avatars so to "mark" them with various colors), you will be able to script yourself something to your liking.

As for the "IgnoreFinishAnimation" feature, I fail to see what could be its use at all, but for breaking what LL defines as the "shared experience"...

2017-07-27 14:00:10
Profile WWW

Lua functions implemented in the Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.29. An example of their usage is given in the example script for the Lua feature.

2017-07-30 18:44:54
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]