Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-04-19 10:24:24

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Little issue with images for Lua sidebar buttons 

Not too sure where to put that, it's more a documentation issue than a bug in the viewer: in the doc for the Lua function SideBarButton, the first note says that the images are searched in skin/default/textures. It seems that the correct name is skins/default/textures Also, for people who do not use the default color theme - I don't, I use "Dark" -, this actually doesn't seem to work. I had to put my image files in skins/dark/textures for them to appear in the buttons. Shouldn't skins/default/textures be a fallback when the files are not found in the current theme's folder?

2019-05-31 05:44:40

Quote:
in the doc for the Lua function SideBarButton, the first note says that the images are searched in skin/default/textures. It seems that the correct name is skins/default/textures.
Typo. Fixed in the Lua doc on the forum.

Quote:
Also, for people who do not use the default color theme - I don't, I use "Dark" -, this actually doesn't seem to work. I had to put my image files in skins/dark/textures for them to appear in the buttons. Shouldn't skins/default/textures be a fallback when the files are not found in the current theme's folder?
I did not notice since I only use the default skin myself, but looking at the code for the UI elements search algorithm, the order is "user skin override" (e.g. ~/.secondlife/skins/dark when using the "dark" skin), then "skin in use in installation folder" (e.g. "/usr/local/CoolVLViewer-1.26.22/skins/dark"), then "default skin in installation folder" (e.g. "/usr/local/CoolVLViewer-1.26.22/skins/default")... I added a "user default skin override" (e.g. "~/.secondlife/skins/default") step before the last "default skin in installation folder" one for the next releases...

2019-05-31 12:39:25
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]