Cool VL Viewer forum

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 2024-03-28 19:53:36

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Save to Inventory Disabled 

heyas!

thanks a mil for the cool viewer. i just used the mass-inventory-permissions tool to do all scripts, animations, and sounds in 5 objects across over 150 prims. WOOOOOT!

anyway, i'm using boy's windoze version. Cool Viewer 1.21.6 (0) Feb 14 2009 13:54:49 (Second Life Release)
this is the one with the flexi-sculpty preview. for this version, and the previous version, every time i use menu: tools: resave item back to inventory, i get a blue bottom pop-up that says 'save to inventory currently disabled.'

why is that disabled? i use that quite a bit; it saves me from having to take umpteen copies of objects into my (sadly bloated) inventory for minor fixes, and possibly losing track of which one is which, especially since sl can't remember which folder i took it out of half the time....

can it be turned back on? i know 'save back to object contents' never worked, but save back to my inventory was a good one.

2009-04-02 13:24:51

bloodsong wrote:
i'm using boy's windoze version. Cool Viewer 1.21.6 (0) Feb 14 2009 13:54:49 (Second Life Release)
this is the one with the flexi-sculpty preview. for this version, and the previous version, every time i use menu: tools: resave item back to inventory, i get a blue bottom pop-up that says 'save to inventory currently disabled.'
Did you test it in the official LL viewer ?... No, obviously. I just tested it, and got the same results. This issue is not specific to the Cool SL Viewer. Please, read the rules for this forum, this will spare me time testing for issues I'm not responsible for...

Quote:
why is that disabled? i use that quite a bit; it saves me from having to take umpteen copies of objects into my (sadly bloated) inventory for minor fixes, and possibly losing track of which one is which, especially since sl can't remember which folder i took it out of half the time....
I don't know, but it looks like a server-side change (i.e. it's not a viewer change) since this also happens with older viewers (tested with v1.19.0.5). Please, post a report on the JIRA (first search it to see if this issue has not already been reported).

2009-04-02 14:57:06
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]